[SOLVED] Clone Windows 10 for bootup on secondary drive

Solution
Hello,

Is there a way to clone my existing windows 10 installation on another hard drive and boot up from the secondary drive?
Yes.....just clone it to the secondary drive.
Then the first time I tried to boot to the secondary drive I would remove the first drive so there is no confusion.
I would also go to the BIOS before I tried to boot to the secondary drive and make sure it's on top of the boot order and save it.
Hello,

Is there a way to clone my existing windows 10 installation on another hard drive and boot up from the secondary drive?
Yes.....just clone it to the secondary drive.
Then the first time I tried to boot to the secondary drive I would remove the first drive so there is no confusion.
I would also go to the BIOS before I tried to boot to the secondary drive and make sure it's on top of the boot order and save it.

Solution

USAFRet

Titan
And if the software configs are that different, you don't want to do a clone anyway.

Just do a fresh install on the second drive, and configure it as needed.

OffbeatBryce

Honorable
Mar 27, 2017
And if the software configs are that different, you don't want to do a clone anyway.

Just do a fresh install on the second drive, and configure it as needed.

I tried a fresh install on a second drive and it's asking me for the windows 10 license and it wont recognize it on a new drive. That's why I was thinking Clone would work