Question Cloned HDD and new laptop resolution problem

Oct 28, 2022
Ok, So I have a problem ,to start off my dad was having an old laptop and I wanted to improve a little his work condition without losing some of his licenses. The problem is that the old laptop had a smaller resolution and after I cloned his hdd and put it on a Thinkpad t460p (1920x1080) the menu items are small and fuzzy , I tried a lot of things but nothing seems to help, when I cloned the hdd , in my logic the menu and all that stuff was cloned for 13xx resolution, I upgraded from windows 7 and windows 10 and still the same, those “settings” remained, I uninstalled the graphics driver adapter and still the same, tested on 2 different monitors and it s the same, with another installation on windows 10 that was freshly installed on Thinkpad it s alright . Please help me with this one. Thanks in advance!

Oct 28, 2022
I installed 10 as a fresh install and some problems remain, so… if I look closely at the monitor it seems ok but if a run my eyes it just feel so tired and fuzzy for the eyes, same monitor if I put on my pc it is alright. Somehow the Thinkpad scales the external display or something, I used the dock Hdmi and the laptop Hdmi

ubuysa

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2016
When Windows installs it configures itself for the hardware platform it's going on to. In addition, the drivers that are installed are specific for the devices on that PC/laptop. If you clone that drive on to a new PC/laptop then the Windows configuration will be completely wrong, and all of the drivers will be for different devices.

Windows might look and feel the same on all computers, but under the covers it's very specific to the hardware it's installed on. You cannot simply clone it to another platform.