[SOLVED] Cloned HDD->SSD twice accidentally

Sep 25, 2019
So I refurbished an old laptop and replaced its hard drive with a ssd. However, during the cloning process the first time, something went wrong right at the end so I had to cancel it. I figured it out but now I have two clones of my hdd on my 128gb ssd, with continual windows updates needed after also resetting windows 10 I'm down to only 40GB..
Is there any way I can safely identify and remove the clone not in use that is just hogging space?
Thanks

Solution
Ok, I guess I might have to..
For the time being I need to use the computer for some school work so I won't really need too much storage space. I'm not going to try that because It worked yesterday when I tried it on the hdd and it took ages. I think unless there's a way to delete the copy I will just reset windows. I have the product key for windows, if I reset it with the ssd will it be bootable and able to redownload windows?
You need to create a bootable Win 10 USB first.
Then, do a clean wipe and reinstall, deleting all partitions on the SSD in the process.

USAFRet

Titan
You need to start over and redo it correctly.

Return the system back to original config, without the SSD.
Does it boot up?

Though, given that you've reduced the consumed space down to "40GB"....you might as well just blow off the clone concept, and do a clean install on the new SSD.

Sep 25, 2019
You need to start over and redo it correctly.

Return the system back to original config, without the SSD.
Does it boot up?

Though, given that you've reduced the consumed space down to "40GB"....you might as well just blow off the clone concept, and do a clean install on the new SSD.
For the time being I need to use the computer for some school work so I won't really need too much storage space. I'm not going to try that because It worked yesterday when I tried it on the hdd and it took ages. I think unless there's a way to delete the copy I will just reset windows. I have the product key for windows, if I reset it with the ssd will it be bootable and able to redownload windows?

USAFRet

Titan
You need to create a bootable Win 10 USB first.
Then, do a clean wipe and reinstall, deleting all partitions on the SSD in the process.

Solution