Cloned HDD to m.2 SSD, worked once but boots in safe mode every time now?

Mar 18, 2018
Hi guys, I'm completely new to all this computer stuff so would appreciate any help. I recently bought a laptop, an acer aspire e15 e5-375, 33BM and installed an SSD to the m.2 slot. I then used macrium reflect to clone my HDD stuff onto the SSD and turned it off. I didn't take out the HDD though, and turned it on and adjusted the BIOS settings to have my SSD boot before the HDD. I also saw that it was already AHCI enabled and enabled the f12 boot manager.

I then save the settings and it turns on again. I check the file explorer to see that my C drive is now the SSD and also the task manager to see that only the C drive disk is being utilized at ~530 read. I believe that this confirmed that my computer was now running on the SSD. I then turned it off again so I could possibly take out the HDD but I looked up the guides online and it seemed a little too complicated at that moment. I didn't remove anything and closed the laptop back up and turned it on.

However, somehow it turned on in safe mode (with no networking, audio, and really small resolution). I then changed the BIOS settings to have the HDD boot before the SSD, but somehow it would still boot to the same safe mode really quickly. I restarted it, this time using the f12 boot manager to select the HDD to start. I don't know if this is important, but the HDD here was listed as the second option, below the SSD.

So that's my conundrum, I'm using my HDD for now until I can fix this SSD issue. Not sure where I went wrong but here's some screenshots I have of disks as well. Screenshot 2 shows the C drive being HDD (because that's the one I'm utilizing currently) and Screenshot 3 shows the E drive being the SSD.

Uvd7Tms.png

HZwfP7d.png

gtAXElR.png

TRENDING THREADS