Question Cloned my HDD to SSD both have windows can i delete one to save space?

May 9, 2019
I had my old 512gb hdd and i decided to not reinstall windows and clone it to an ssd now i connected both to my pc and they both ssd and hdd have windows.
also the ssd split in to 2 pieces C: D: disks which i dont mind. i would like one how do i do that too?

May 9, 2019
Yes it does boot. i cant put the picture it doesnt let me. I forgot to mention that i dont need anything on the HDD so it can be completely wiped. i need the space in it because now ssd and hdd have same stuff in it because of cloning. i only need windows.

Last edited:
May 9, 2019
i checked everything on easeus partition master. and the windows folder that the HDD has doesnt say that its type is boot,data etc. like the ssd so am i safe to delete it? or should i pull out the ssd before doing it or what?

Just to make sure I'm not misunderstanding anything.
You want the HDD to be one partition correct?
You want to reclaim the space on the HDD.
You don't want Windows on the HDD or anything else. (I wouldn't either).

Then...as I said....I would delete the partitions on the HDD in Disk Management . Then create one partition that encompasses the whole drive (the HDD drive). Then format THAT partition.

The really important thing here is.....MAKE SURE YOU ARE BOOTING TO THE SSD when you do this and make sure you are deleting the partitions on the hard disk.

I'm not sure if Windows would even LET you delete partitions on the boot drive.
I have never tried this.
....but maybe Windows lets you do this....and if it does....you don't want to do this.

USAFRet

Titan
Yes it does boot. i cant put the picture it doesnt let me. I forgot to mention that i dont need anything on the HDD so it can be completely wiped. i need the space in it because now ssd and hdd have same stuff in it because of cloning. i only need windows.
To post a picture, upload it to imgur.com.
Post the BBCode link here.

Don't delete anything until we see the screencap.
Your description of "C and D" and "D and F" does no work.
You can't have 2 partitions or drives with the same drive letter.

May 9, 2019
1.I want the HDD to be one partition
2. I need as much space as i can get on the HDD so i can delete everything i dont need anything.
3.i need windows on SSD

All i need to know is can i delete my windows folder on hdd ?
Im scared of windows deleting everywhere on ssd and hdd too because they are connected at the same time.
should i disconnect the ssd then delete the hdd windows or what?

USAFRet

Titan
Commandline tool diskpart, and the clean command will absolutely wipe that drive.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-and-format-storage-drive-using-diskpart-windows-10

Be absolutely sure of which drive you are accessing with this.

May 9, 2019
Commandline tool diskpart, and the clean command will absolutely wipe that drive.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-and-format-storage-drive-using-diskpart-windows-10

Be absolutely sure of which drive you are accessing with this.

should i disconnect any drive during this or should i just do it while they are both conected?

Last edited: