[SOLVED] Cloned OS to m.2 SSD, cannot format C Drive

RecreationalUse

Prominent
Sep 29, 2020
Hello there, first time posting after lurking here for some time whenever I find myself stuck.
I recently bought an Adata XPG SX8200 Pro (1TB) to move my windows 10 home install to from my barracuda 2tb, as well as some other information. I only had only used 400gb on the barracuda so i figured it wouldn't be too difficult to clone my C: drive and then wipe it clean after moving the OS and other information over to the m.2 drive.

I used EaseUs ToDo backup to clone it and had no issues booting from my SSD. I had even unplugged my other drives and booted solely from the SSD and didn't see any concerns. My issue is when I attempt to re-format my C: drive, I get "you cannot format this volume, it contains the version of Windows that you are using. Formatting this drive could cause your computer to stop working"

I'm unsure how I could go about cleaning out my C: drive to maximize space, or if I should be trying something else out to correct it. I also have some applications it seems still within the C: drive through ProgramData > Microsoft > Windows > Start Menu > Programs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TRENDING THREADS