Question Cloned SSD to bigger SSD - but now the extra space is in another partition

Feb 27, 2023
As I've mentioned in the title, I cloned my 64GB Boot SSD to a new 128 one using Macrium reflect, and now the boot partition is still the same size and there's still another unallocated partition with the extra space.
Is there any way to connect the partitions without totally reinstalling everything on the boot drive?

Yes, there is.

It's relatively easy.

A screen capture of Windows Disk Management would reveal how to proceed.

You might be able to do it directly from Disk Management, pending what the screen capture reveals.

The unallocated portion is not a partition.

What matters is whether or not there is anything between your C partition and the unallocated space. There may or may not be. If there is, you can't use Disk Management to add the unallocated to C. You'd have to use another method.

Is there any way to connect the partitions without totally reinstalling everything on the boot drive?
Delete those two recovery partitions - 518MB and 562MB.
Then you can extend C: partition.

Note - Disk Management doesn't allow deleting recovery partitions. You'll have to use either diskart
or some 3rd party disk management software. Minitool partition wizard free - for example.

Reactions: CountMike