Question Cloned SSD won't boot. Original SSD only boots from boot manager

Jul 23, 2019
Hello,

I just recently upgraded from a 256gb ssd to a terabyte ssd. I used EaseUS to clone the one with lower storage onto the terabyte ssd.

Everything in the clone process seemed to work fine, but when I tried to boot from the cloned ssd I could do nothing to get it to boot. Here is a picture of my disc partitions:

View: https://imgur.com/a/uexuWFe

Disk 2 (A:) is the terabyte drive, and Disk 0 is my current ssd.

Furthermore, when rebooting with my current ssd, I found that I could not boot from my current ssd... I had to use a partition called "Boot manager". I'm really not sure what that is.

Sorry if this is a stupid question! I thought it would be a simple process but after researching a bit I'm stumped. The only thing I can think to do is just try cloning the drive again.

I use windows 10, and the partition style of each ssd is GPT

Cloning is done wrong there. Clone result should be identical contents on both - source and target drives (clone = exact copy). You can clearly see, that partition configuration is different. You didn't clone bootloader partition, without it drive is unbootable. Should have cloned recovery partition also, it's not essential for boot process though.
After cloning first boot has to be done without old drive connected.

Windows Boot manager is just a fancy name for UEFI boot option btw.

And don't use drive letters A: and B: . Those are reserved for floppy drives. Nobody uses them anymore.

Jul 23, 2019
Cloning is done wrong there. Clone result should be identical contents on both - source and target drives (clone = exact copy). You can clearly see, that partition configuration is different. You didn't clone bootloader partition, without it drive is unbootable. Should have cloned recovery partition also, it's not essential for boot process though.
After cloning first boot has to be done without old drive connected.

Windows Boot manager is just a fancy name for UEFI boot option btw.

And don't use drive letters A: and B: . Those are reserved for floppy drives. Nobody uses them anymore.
That is kind of what I expected taking a second look at the drives, but I definitely appreciate you taking the time to respond!

I need to just wipe the ssd completely and clone it again and make sure I do it correctly this time.