Clonezilla from hard drive to small ssd?

CisloIT

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013
I have been using clonezilla for a while now. But I having have time trying to figure out to take image of hard drive to a smaller SSD. The OS is currently installed on a 1 TB hard drive. I was able to shrink the Hard Drive to 460 GB. But my SSD is 240 GB. But I'm having hard time getting to go to my SSD. Any ideas or suggestions?

Solution
Macrium Reflect Free
http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx

Casper has a free 30 day Trial
https://www.fssdev.com/products/casper/trial/

If there is truly only ~67GB used, that should have NO problem. It only moves actual used space, not trying to duplicate the entire partition, including empty space.
This is why CloneZilla has been replaced by others.

USAFRet

Titan

First, don't use CloneZilla. It used to be good, but there are much better offerings today
Macrium Reflect or Casper are two good ones. (Yes, I used to use and recommend CloneZilla)

Second, You can't squeeze 460GB into a 240GB drive. Ain't gonna work.
You must reduce that used space to below 200GB or so.

CisloIT

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013

My used space is only 62.7 GB. I forgot to add that in their.

USAFRet

Titan

Then where did the "460GB" come from?
What is telling you 62.7GB?

CisloIT

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013

Useable is space 460. I'm only using 62.7 GB out of the 460 GB. And I have no way or reducing the 460 to any lower. And is Macrium Reflect or Casper free?

Clonezilla has always required that the destination drive be of equal or greater size than the source. It's a limitation of the Linux tools used in the process.

The tools USAFRet has offered up will do what you wish, but only if the amount of data to be moved is less than the size of the destination drive.

CisloIT

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013

I tried Macrium Reflect free and it worked perfect. I used the cloning party of it. I will have to keep that tool handy.