Cloning 2TB HDD to 1TB SSD "Error: The file or directory is corrupted or unreadable"

Oct 14, 2018
I NEED HELP!!!! So I recently cloned my 2tb hdd to my 1tb ssd no problem. I did this, without realizing that my other hdd was the primary boot drive and part of the reason I bought an ssd was for faster boots and the other was to backup my 2tb hdd due to it being 7 years old and even though it shows as 'healthy', I didnt wanna take any chances, so I basically decided to clear my ssd after having my 2tb hdd cloned onto it, in order to make that my boot drive, but me not thinking straight realized that I would have bought a 1tb hdd for nothing and would have faired better with just a 120gb or less ssd, if I was just trying to make that my boot drive. EDIT: The cloning process for my boot drive 160GB HDD to my new 120GB SSD worked fine with ShadowMaker.

My Issue: I decided to buy another ssd use that as boot and re-clone all my 2TB HDD files onto my 1TB SSD, the problem is that everytime I attempt to use the program I used before it pop up this exact error. And I have tried using your mehtod and a few others(including one other program I decided to use after the error on the first) to fix this issue but nothing seems to work. I was wondering if you can help me resolve this issue. I have tried using: Mini tool ShadowMaker, and Macrium Reflect, with no resolve. Edit: So I didn't mention this earlier due to the fact that I couldn't remember the other error, but I found out that after trying to resolve this error and trying the clone process again another error would occur known as "Disk D:\ is not accessible. - The parameter is incorrect". After resolving this issue it would then cause the original error to occur once again, and basically has me caught in an endless loop.

Oct 14, 2018
I boot into windows 10 using my 2tb hdd, and use the program I downloaded. I have the asus-z370a MoBo. With all this in mind, I would like to let you know that as soon as I had posted this, I magically was able to get it to successfully clone. I literally just clicked it again expecting it to fail only for it to actually give me an actual estimated time of transfer. Although, I spent weeks trying to solve this issue, so at this point, this is to help others with the same issues.