[SOLVED] Cloning an SSD to another?

Hi all,

I just helped my friend build his PC but I just realised I used my own SSD during installation. It was a clean SSD I had lying around and considering I've already done all the updates and installs, I don't want to sit through another few hours getting everything done again.

I was wondering if it's possible to just clone my SSD to his? If yes, is it as simple as replacing the old SSD (mine) with the new one (his) and then just add a Windows Key?

Solution
Hi all,

I just helped my friend build his PC but I just realised I used my own SSD during installation. It was a clean SSD I had lying around and considering I've already done all the updates and installs, I don't want to sit through another few hours getting everything done again.

I was wondering if it's possible to just clone my SSD to his? If yes, is it as simple as replacing the old SSD (mine) with the new one (his) and then just add a Windows Key?
This is to go on different hardware?
No. This hardware needs its own install, booting from whatever USB or DVD you did it from.

USAFRet

Titan
Hi all,

This is to go on different hardware?
No. This hardware needs its own install, booting from whatever USB or DVD you did it from.

Solution

USAFRet

Titan
Yes, I would like to clone my SSD (which has Windows, apps and games) and clone it to a brand new SSD so it has the same apps and games. So this is not possible?
Cloning from one drive to another, in the same system, is doable.
(given certain conditions)

Make/model/size of all drives involved.
What OS?
What motherboard?
How much space is consumed on the original drive?

Cloning from one drive to another, in the same system, is doable.
(given certain conditions)

Make/model/size of all drives involved.
What OS?
What motherboard?
How much space is consumed on the original drive?

The original drive is 240GB SSD. It includes Windows 10 Pro.
About 180GB is used. The motherboard is the MSI B350 Strix Pro-F

The new clean drive is a 240GB SSD as well. Is it possible to also clone Windows on it too? Or do I need to install Windows on this drive, and then clone once I'm inside the OS (inside the OS and the original drive that is).