Cloning Hard Drive data to SSD

David_420

Commendable
May 16, 2016
Hello

I was thinkng of purchasing an SSD. for obvious reasons but I don't want to re-buy windows. I was wondering what's the easiest way to clone my HDD over to the new SSD that I want to buy. What's the best software/easiest software to use?

A link to a tutorial would be greatly appreciated.

Also when I clone my HDD and have Windows on my new SSD what's the best to wipe my HDD as I would like to put it back into my PC and use it for game and video clips.

Thanks

Solution
equal sized SSD or smaller. Equal or larger is simplest. Going down in size can be more complicated.

I use EaseUS ToDoBackup. There is a Free version, you can clone, backup to file and then restore to a different disk as well. Sometimes there are HDD issues and cloning fails. That is where the backup then restore to the SSD works.

So, back to the first Q... Is the SSD the same or larger than the HDD?
equal sized SSD or smaller. Equal or larger is simplest. Going down in size can be more complicated.

I use EaseUS ToDoBackup. There is a Free version, you can clone, backup to file and then restore to a different disk as well. Sometimes there are HDD issues and cloning fails. That is where the backup then restore to the SSD works.

So, back to the first Q... Is the SSD the same or larger than the HDD?

Solution