Cloning HDD to SSD on windows 7 help

G

Hey all

I recently just bought an HP touchsmart tm2t tablet and I am trying to replace the internal HDD with an SSD.

It already has windows 7 on the HDD, as well as other various necessary touch-screen software, so I don't want to do a fresh reinstall of windows 7 straight onto the SSD. I have looked at various forums and some say you absolutely need to do a fresh install of windows 7 or else the alignment will be off. However, other people say you can do it no problem. So I am a bit confused.

I know there is a backup-utility in windows 7 which is what I plan on using for the copy... I have an external enclosure for a 2.5" drive which uses usb inferface which i plan on using in order to have both drives attached to the tablet at the same time.

Can someone give me some useful insight? I'm not a computer noob, I just don't want to mess up my brand new Corsair Force F120.

asus x48

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
Yes! my buddy's system is all fubar'd becase he did not do a fresh install of windows 7 the guy's at my local computer shop said they have repaired computers bye yo-yo's who didt whant to do it the right way. Fresh install windows 7 on all ssd! good luck! and god speed!