[SOLVED] Cloning HDD with multiple partitions to SSD

Mar 13, 2020
My apologies for this - am sure this question has been asked, but my search did not turn up any results that made sense (all seemed to be for single partition drive).

I have an older 2TB HDD that has 2 partitions (basically 1TB and 1TB), one of which is my boot drive. Is it possible to clone this drive (both partitions) onto a new SSD (which would then replace the HDD)?

If possible - is there a preferred software to do this? or are they all similar?

Thanks in advance!

Solution
My apologies for this - am sure this question has been asked, but my search did not turn up any results that made sense (all seemed to be for single partition drive).

I have an older 2TB HDD that has 2 partitions (basically 1TB and 1TB), one of which is my boot drive. Is it possible to clone this drive (both partitions) onto a new SSD (which would then replace the HDD)?

If possible - is there a preferred software to do this? or are they all similar?

Thanks in advance!
It's totally possible.
Just make sure the new drive is big enough.
There is all sorts of free software to do this.
I prefer AOMEI Backupper.
Lots of people use Macrium reflect.

Thanks in advance!
It's totally possible.
Just make sure the new drive is big enough.
There is all sorts of free software to do this.
I prefer AOMEI Backupper.
Lots of people use Macrium reflect.

Solution