[SOLVED] Cloning multiple slaves from master at once.

Aug 25, 2021
Hi!

I make alot of copies of my master slave. I use clonezilla, plug my master to a usb3.0 with an adapter, and connect a slave disk to a usb3.0 with a adapter, and clonezilla in the last usb port. This takes alot of time and it not efficient enough. I clone device to device.

I make make 3-4 copies a week. I'm looking for a rather cheap option no more than maybe $400. My problems are

-The way I do my cloning now takes too much manual work.
-This way might even damage the master clone as it went corrupt one time
-It requires that I have a laptop avalible

Also - clonezilla gives me an error when I try to clone a 128gb drive over to a another 128gb drive even though like 50% of the master clone here is free for space. I think the program thinks the master got more data than the slave can store? How do I bypass this as it should go?

Solution
Do not clone, do backup with reputable software like Macrium Reflect. Backup file takes less space (About 75% of data used on disk(s) doesn't copy empty space It happens much faster and you can set to do Incremental or differential backup which actually backs up just changed data over one (or more) master backup file.
Hi!

I make alot of copies of my master slave. I use clonezilla, plug my master to a usb3.0 with an adapter, and connect a slave disk to a usb3.0 with a adapter, and clonezilla in the last usb port. This takes alot of time and it not efficient enough. I clone device to device.

I make make 3-4 copies a week. I'm looking for a rather cheap option no more than maybe $400. My problems are

-The way I do my cloning now takes too much manual work.
-This way might even damage the master clone as it went corrupt one time
-It requires that I have a laptop avalible

Also - clonezilla gives me an error when I try to clone a 128gb drive over to a another 128gb drive even though like 50% of the master clone here is free for space. I think the program thinks the master got more data than the slave can store? How do I bypass this as it should go?
Maybe a cloning dock.....use google.

USAFRet

Titan
  1. What is the reason for multiple 'clones' at once, 3-4 times a week?
  2. Scheduling. Software is really really good at doing this type of thing automated. I use Macrium Reflect. The built in scheduling thing...all hands off. Images of multiple different drives and systems, every night or week, without me touching a thing.

Reactions: CountMike
Do not clone, do backup with reputable software like Macrium Reflect. Backup file takes less space (About 75% of data used on disk(s) doesn't copy empty space It happens much faster and you can set to do Incremental or differential backup which actually backs up just changed data over one (or more) master backup file.

Solution