Question Cloning of SanDisk NVMe M.2 SSD to a like drive using a SABRENT EC-SSD2 with offline cloning

milesk

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
I am trying to clone HP Terminal Hard drives for the Elite POS (Now called Engage) which are used in a restaurant POS endpoint.
----
The drive types that HP used are SanDisk SSD NVMe X400 M.2 2280 128GB.
So I want to easily make images of the master system drive that I have put together which I can quickly swap out as a drive goes south or is corrupted.
I purchased a Sabrent EC-SSD2 to clone the NVMe Drive to another exactly the same drive.
(EC-SSD2 is a USB Type-C Dual Enclosure PCIe NVMe M.2 SSDs which is supposed to have offline cloning function. Looks pretty trick from what I was reading.)
The Drives use UEFI boot on the terminal and Windows 10 LTSC IoT operating system.
My problem is that the Sabrent EC-SSD2 is seen by the Operating system.
The San Disk SSD NVME X400 M.2 2280 128GB are not showing up as disks.

Looking to sort out a way to create an image and have it work on another like terminal or clone the drive using the EC-SSD2 ... which would be optimal.

Thanks in advance for any help...

I am trying to clone HP Terminal Hard drives for the Elite POS (Now called Engage) which are used in a restaurant POS endpoint.
----
So I want to easily make images of the master system drive that I have put together which I can quickly swap out as a drive goes south or is corrupted.
I purchased a Sabrent EC-SSD2 to clone the NVMe Drive to another exactly the same drive.
(EC-SSD2 is a USB Type-C Dual Enclosure PCIe NVMe M.2 SSDs which is supposed to have offline cloning function. Looks pretty trick from what I was reading.)
The Drives use UEFI boot on the terminal and Windows 10 LTSC IoT operating system.

Looking to sort out a way to create an image and have it work on another like terminal or clone the drive using the EC-SSD2 ... which would be optimal.

You need to go-to disk management and activate the drive by creating their partitions

----

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/storage/disk-management/initialize-new-disks

milesk

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
That isn't it. The Disk1 shows as Removable D:
No Media
--- It has (2) NVMe installed in the disk enclosure.

Also, Both Drives are working drives out of POS systems. (Configured with HP Microsoft Win 10 OS... IOT 2019 LTSC .. the point of the Enclosure is to be able to without connection to the computer be able to press a single button and that it will literally copy sector by sector to clone drive A to drive B.

milesk

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
Has anyone else had any success with using the Sabrent EC-SSD2 USB Type-C Dual Enclosure for PCIe NVMe M.2 SSDs with offline cloning function and active cooling?

Curious... it says it supports my drives in the specifications... but they are not seen. The Device itself is seen ... just not the drives it holds.

milesk

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
Spent a bit of time digging in forums all over the internet. Reached out to Sabrent ... NOTHING.
Amazon discussion (where I purchased sabrent EC-SSD2) one user responded.
Now here is what I'm looking at. The Drives I'm working with come out of an HP ELITE 2017/18 Point of Sale system (Now called ENGAGE) . In BIOS there seems to be a "DriveLock" setup ... if the drive is in one of the Elite POS terminals the drive boots and is seen. By going to a drive within the HP boot settings for BIOS. I feel I'm in the right area.
Still haven't made them work yet... trying to clear the DriveLock. (This would have been setup by HP during the process of loading the OS IoT LTSC version. So I don't have a password to access the drive.) Hmmmm.....
https://community.spiceworks.com/to...sk-from-automatic-drivelock-bug-pay-attention

seanwebster

Contributing Writer
Editor
Aug 30, 2018
Spent a bit of time digging in forums all over the internet. Reached out to Sabrent ... NOTHING.
Amazon discussion (where I purchased sabrent EC-SSD2) one user responded.
Now here is what I'm looking at. The Drives I'm working with come out of an HP ELITE 2017/18 Point of Sale system (Now called ENGAGE) . In BIOS there seems to be a "DriveLock" setup ... if the drive is in one of the Elite POS terminals the drive boots and is seen. By going to a drive within the HP boot settings for BIOS. I feel I'm in the right area.
Still haven't made them work yet... trying to clear the DriveLock. (This would have been setup by HP during the process of loading the OS IoT LTSC version. So I don't have a password to access the drive.) Hmmmm.....
https://community.spiceworks.com/to...sk-from-automatic-drivelock-bug-pay-attention
Your SanDisk X400 is a SATA drive as Maxxify stated. That SSD is incompatible with that Sabrent cloner. The EC-SSD2 only supports M.2 PCIe NVMe SSDs. It says so on their website: https://sabrent.com/products/ec-ssd2

Reactions: Maxxify