Question Cloning of the disk

shillien

Reputable
Oct 1, 2017
hello, i have a following question: my lapton HDD is <Mod Edit>, its on 100% most of the time but since i dont use it a lot i didnt care, now ill need to use it a bit more and i have decided to fix the problem, i have bought SSD (250gb) now i want to CLONE my HDD (500gb) to it, ill delete all the things i dont need so i get it under 250, but i have never cloned the disk before, i do not want to format the laptop and reinstall everything, i just want to make clone so i can remove HDD insert SSD and be done with it. now the question is, how to do it? :D , which (free) program to use?, can there be any problems with doing that?

ty in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 9, 2021
I got banned because i used word i didnt think was that offensive...

The disk i bought is kingston a400 240gb, 2.5" sata 3.0 (sa400s37/240g)

About space there shouldnt be a problem to get my hdd under 200gb, ill just delete the movies and such stuff.

USAFRet

Titan
I got banned because i used word i didnt think was that offensive...

The disk i bought is kingston a400 240gb, 2.5" sata 3.0 (sa400s37/240g)

About space there shouldnt be a problem to get my hdd under 200gb, ill just delete the movies and such stuff.
You got a 1 day ban, due to this being a second instance.

Does your laptop have the capacity for 2x 2.5" drives?
Do you have another drive with sufficient free space to hold the whole 200GB of your current drive?

Oct 9, 2021
I have 200gb of space on my main pc, also my laptop has 1 disc capacity but i will probably change the cdrom for disk adaptor like i did in the past. My SSD will be in disk slot, and HDD will be in adapter