Question cloning process

Adas556

Reputable
Jun 24, 2017
so i tried to clone my c and d drives to my new ssd. i had enough space. But when it was 99% i got error 9 and it said that cloning was unsuccesful but it still carried on cloning. And now i cant even go to my ssd disk, it says that it is corruped. Should i power off my pc? did cloning process work?

Please help, because i dont know what to do now.

Lutfij

Titan
You don't create multiple partitions on any SSD. If the SSD does have partitions, it should be those created by Windows during installation. That being said, avoid cloning and just reinstall the OS.

You should backup all critical content from the HDD onto a removable storage device. Then while powered down, with the HDD and SSD attached as well as the installer drive, use it to format only the initial OS partition. Power down, remove HDD and with only SSD, reinitiate the installer for Windows 10. Once installation is complete, power down and then reconnect the HDD and then with the aid of a partition tool like EASEUS, merge the former OS drive with the larger partition.

Adas556

Reputable
Jun 24, 2017
You don't create multiple partitions on any SSD. If the SSD does have partitions, it should be those created by Windows during installation. That being said, avoid cloning and just reinstall the OS.

You should backup all critical content from the HDD onto a removable storage device. Then while powered down, with the HDD and SSD attached as well as the installer drive, use it to format only the initial OS partition. Power down, remove HDD and with only SSD, reinitiate the installer for Windows 10. Once installation is complete, power down and then reconnect the HDD and then with the aid of a partition tool like EASEUS, merge the former OS drive with the larger partition.
That sounded way too hard, so i restarted my pc. And now i cant access my ssd disk. Can i somehow fix that?

Adas556

Reputable
Jun 24, 2017
When i cloned my drives c and d i got error at 99% using macrium reflect, and i decided to restart my pc. but now i cant even access my ssd anymore. this is how my disks look like now :

https://prnt.sc/qkhpw9

Can i delete everything from my ssd so i can use it again?

Adas556

Reputable
Jun 24, 2017
Stop creating multiple threads on the same topic. Also, be patient with answers from the community. To note, you will need to state which disk is what in the image. Otherwise we're just as clueless as you and left guessing.
Okay so my Disk E: is my ssd
Disk C: where my windows are
Disk 0 is my hdd
Disk 1 is my ssd

Adas556

Reputable
Jun 24, 2017
Stop creating multiple threads on the same topic. Also, be patient with answers from the community. To note, you will need to state which disk is what in the image. Otherwise we're just as clueless as you and left guessing.
Also as you can see there is Disk 1 partition 1
Disk 1 partition 2
So maybe this gives me a problem that i cant use my ssd anymore?