Question cloning sata ssd to nvme m2

fishbaitx

Commendable
Oct 26, 2016
so i have an inland 1tb sata ssd, and an intel 760p 1tb ssd its a one drive setup, its a gpt partition table(per diskpart) and uefi boot(it looks like it from looking at the partions in disk management)

my rig:

case:______thermaltake w200
cooling:___4x side, 1x rear, 2x front 140mm noctua fans , 2x top 200m noctua fans
mobo:_____gigabyte aorus x470 ultra gaming
cpu:_______ryzen 7 1800x cooled by a Noctua NH-D15 SE-AM4 tower cooler
ram:_______32gb ddr4-2400
gpu:_______asus turbo gtx1080ti (blower style cooler) powering an aoc u2879vf 4k monitor
psu:_______thermtake irgb 1000w gold smart psu
spu:_______creative soundblasterx ae-5, powering a set of klipsch promedia 2.1 sound system.
other:______acer bluetooth/wifi card(doesnt really matter i use wired connections anyhow mainly got it for cheap bluetooth for vr)

Last edited:

fishbaitx

Commendable
Oct 26, 2016
UPDATE!!!!: after procrastinating for over 2 weeks now ive finally gotten off my butt and did it.

starting with the software i downloaded easeus todo backup and selected clone after running for about 3 hours it completed successfully, and i shutdown and did the hard test of it by pulling the sata plug from my ssd it booted fine and barely noticed the difference so after plugging back in and going into the bios to set the boot (drive/media/partition/whatever you want to call the bios showing windows directly...) then setting ultra fast boot its now slightly snappier than it was before i'm fully committed and set now having carefully used diskpart to issue clean drive to my prior ssd it will now be a backup drive.

thank you to all who helped