Close to Ethernet connection?

Aug 25, 2018
My router is in the room above mine, which makes it highly inconvenient to connect an ethernet cable to my computer. Is there anyway for me to improve my connection, get ethernet, or get as close as possible to ethernet?

There are five other laptops connected I believe, as well as 5 phones, so my connection is usually not very good. I like to play games, but the latency is high, which is really inconvenient.

Solution
Be aware that powerline can have worse latency than Wifi. If the router is directly above, Wifi signal strength is probably not bad.

Also, powerline only really works well on the same service line. With 220v service, half of the circuits in your home are on one 110v line and half are on the other.

If you own the house, the usual method is to staple the ethernet cable outside (just like cable TV) and install two wall jacks on outside walls. Run a wire from the router to the jack upstairs, and from the jack downstairs to a switch or just your laptop.
Be aware that powerline can have worse latency than Wifi. If the router is directly above, Wifi signal strength is probably not bad.

Also, powerline only really works well on the same service line. With 220v service, half of the circuits in your home are on one 110v line and half are on the other.

If you own the house, the usual method is to staple the ethernet cable outside (just like cable TV) and install two wall jacks on outside walls. Run a wire from the router to the jack upstairs, and from the jack downstairs to a switch or just your laptop.

Solution