Question Closed cpu without bracket need help.

Jul 21, 2019
Hi everyone so the other day i bought a new motherboard. Installed cpu everything was allright checked the game in fps.was really good (hitman 47) fps drops durning saving and the start so the game drops from 75 to 65 for two sec.i watched the temp was high so reinstalled paste.when i finished reinstalled the cpu with heatsink hard.then i saw that i forgot to close the bracket.so reinstalled it again.pc works fine .but in this piticular game the fps on start and saving start to drop 20 fps thats alot more then it was before so.i watched carfully even took it to the store to get checked (cpu and mother board) they said itt was fine no broken pins no scraches.how could it affect the game fps? Strange i saw myself nothing broken.no temp problem anymore. can someone help here im worried. Wasted alot od money on new pc .
Aorus pro z390
I9 9900k
Rtx 2080 ti
32 ram 2400mhz 4 sticks
850 gold power supply antec

Mar 7, 2019
what is your cooler and running freq.

I dont know what is the requirement of this game, but if you think your pc have problem. then

you could running a temp monitor app like hwinfo or aida 64, running your game, once you saw the fps drop, exit the game and check the temp status, if it's like you said no thermal problem, check your hardware driver status, make sure all driver install correctly.

Jul 21, 2019
what is your cooler and running freq.

I dont know what is the requirement of this game, but if you think your pc have problem. then

you could running a temp monitor app like hwinfo or aida 64, running your game, once you saw the fps drop, exit the game and check the temp status, if it's like you said no thermal problem, check your hardware driver status, make sure all driver install correctly.

All drivers up to date cooler nuctua w fans both sides 1700 rpm not the problem

TRENDING THREADS