Closed laptop screen too hard now I can't use it. Any ideas on the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zegas

Reputable
May 31, 2014
I don't know much about technology but I believe my laptop is an HP Pavilion 17-e171nr, which is the closest one I could find to what I remember from using it.

I shut my laptop lid rather hard earlier, I was in a rush and I'm used to shutting the lid on an old Toshiba I had with one of those lock on grips. Immediately I thought I'd damaged the screen but the screen is fine. However I can not use the laptop because it immediately shows a screen saying: "Preparing automatic repair" followed by another which says: "Diagnosing your PC".

Earlier it did complete the diagnosis and said I needed to either reset my laptop or start it with the boot disk because it was missing something, but I didn't get a good read because it conveniently died on that screen. I've tried starting it holding F keys but nothing different happens. I'm guessing maybe the HDD is damaged. I have it running the diagnosis again and am waiting for it to finish but I want to know what the actual problem is. Any Ideas?

For those who were wondering, I was in a rush to get my stuff packed up to a friends house to work on our final project for AP Biology; it would really suck if I wasn't able to work on my stuff efficiently.

Status
Not open for further replies.