[SOLVED] [CLOSED] Please enlighten me, is this the cpu cooler sticker?

KirinXHell

Reputable
Jun 27, 2020
Bought my desktop 3 years ago from PCKaki, normally I wouldn't dig into the internal hardware unless there is something abnormal or just normal cleaning. Tried to increase my speed so that I can play game better without any stuttering etc, but noticed that my cpu temp is at highest 97%. Suspected that I have not clean it that often but after cleaning off the dust, tried running it again, same high temp. Touch the heat sink fin and the pipe itself while running high temp only luke warm. And then I notice this.
xmwaLWj.jpg

Afterwards I go see the unboxing for my cpu cooler, and saw this.
9bB8Rb6.png

90% suspicious already, look so similar, especially the reverse "hina" from "China".
But it maybe a sticker to prevent the thermal paste from over overflowing from the cpu...

Want to ask around before making a decision.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Solution
As you have already noticed yourself, it looks like your CPU cooler in picture 1, still has the protective sticker attached, which is actually supposed to be removed before installation.

I'd recommend reinstalling the cooler, remembering to remove the sticker. Also remember to remove old thermal paste and re-paste with fresh thermal paste.

You should see improved cooling performance.
Bought my desktop 3 years ago from PCKaki, normally I wouldn't dig into the internal hardware unless there is something abnormal or just normal cleaning. Tried to increase my speed so that I can play game better without any stuttering etc, but noticed that my cpu temp is at highest 97%. Suspected that I have not clean it that often but after cleaning off the dust, tried running it again, same high temp. Touch the heat sink fin and the pipe itself while running high temp only luke warm. And then I notice this.
xmwaLWj.jpg

Afterwards I go see the unboxing for my cpu cooler, and saw this.
9bB8Rb6.png

90% suspecious already, look so similar, especially the reverse "hina" from "China".
But it maybe a sticker to prevent the thermal paste from over overflowing from the cpu...

Want to ask around before making a decision.

Thanks.
That's just to prevent paste from being contaminated before installation and should be removed just before cooler's installation

As you have already noticed yourself, it looks like your CPU cooler in picture 1, still has the protective sticker attached, which is actually supposed to be removed before installation.

I'd recommend reinstalling the cooler, remembering to remove the sticker. Also remember to remove old thermal paste and re-paste with fresh thermal paste.

You should see improved cooling performance.

Last edited:
Solution

KirinXHell

Reputable
Jun 27, 2020
Ok, indeed the person that build my pc doesn't take out the sticker and still apply thermal paste on it. 🤦🏻‍♂️
9lwxSzm.jpg

After personally remove, re-paste and test, the maximum temp i get is 68 degree with same setting compared to the 97 degree previously.

TRENDING THREADS