[SOLVED] Closed program still consume ram

clementttttttt

Prominent
Dec 11, 2019
For some reason, when I open the task manager, it says 12gb of 16gb ram is used, but nothing is running, including chrome. Then, I opened resmon, and find out that the program is closed, but it's still consuming ram. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get rid of these programs?

Specs:
Ryzen 5 3500x
MSI b450m pro-m2 max
Sapphire PULSE radeon RX570 4g
2x8gb ram, dual channel
Corsair VS550 orange
Silverstone PS08B microatx case
Dell ST2210 1080p@75hz

Solution
The orange label PSU is the one that I'd advise in not purchasing. Outside of that, you might want to pass on the version for your OS. Make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard and keep an eye on your resource monitor when your system is idle and when taxed.

I think you're experiencing what's known as memory leak whereby there's a corruption in the OS. The only way to rid yourself of the issue is to reinstall the OS from scratch(after creating the bootable installer using Windows Media Creation Tools).

Lutfij

Titan
The orange label PSU is the one that I'd advise in not purchasing. Outside of that, you might want to pass on the version for your OS. Make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard and keep an eye on your resource monitor when your system is idle and when taxed.

I think you're experiencing what's known as memory leak whereby there's a corruption in the OS. The only way to rid yourself of the issue is to reinstall the OS from scratch(after creating the bootable installer using Windows Media Creation Tools).

Solution