Question Closing door case makes gpu fan spinning very fast

May 9, 2022
Hello Everyone.
There is a problem when I close the doorcase GPU fan on second slot spin very fast and the cause of this Windows freeze ann blue Screen Appear

my pc configuration is :
CPU: Core i9-9900K
CPU Cooling: CoolerMaster Liquid ML120R
MainBoard: MSI MPG Z390
Memory : 64 GB Kingeston
Storage : Samsung Evo 980 250GB
HDD : WS 1TB
VideoCard: EVGA Geforce RTX 2060 6GB*2
PS: CoolerMaster MWE Bronze V2 750W

One more thing is that my case has a glass door , here are the pictures of my pc and case

PS: In Case I change GPU connector each GPU has Their own Connector.
Case Picture
My Internal Case
Configuration

Ralston18

Titan
Does the problem happen with the door simply being closed or do the screws need to be put into place?

My thought is that when the doorcase is closed that some wire, connector, or other component is being pushed or pinched.

Causing a short circuit or some other erroneous signal to the fan.

Watch very carefully as you close the doorcase. What, if anything is being touched, moved, or pushed?

Looking at the "My internal case" photograph the connectors to the GPU may be llikely culprits.

Ensure that the cards and connectors are fully seated and not being pressed down by the door.

You can probably test that by leaving the door off and very carefully and gently pressing the GPU ribbon cables. Wiggle a bit.

Determine if that pressure and or movement causes the second slot GPU fan to spin fast.

Reactions: Phaaze88
May 9, 2022
Does the problem happen with the door simply being closed or do the screws need to be put into place?

My thought is that when the doorcase is closed that some wire, connector, or other component is being pushed or pinched.

Causing a short circuit or some other erroneous signal to the fan.

Watch very carefully as you close the doorcase. What, if anything is being touched, moved, or pushed?

Looking at the "My internal case" photograph the connectors to the GPU may be llikely culprits.

Ensure that the cards and connectors are fully seated and not being pressed down by the door.

You can probably test that by leaving the door off and very carefully and gently pressing the GPU ribbon cables. Wiggle a bit.

Determine if that pressure and or movement causes the second slot GPU fan to spin fast.

Actually, it happens in both ways with screw and woithout.
Glass Door doesn't have any cable around it, I care for closing the back door and I am sure the cables are safe.

Ralston18

Titan
For testing purposes leave the door open and boot as normal.

You mentioned "blue screens" - Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for any error codes or warnings being captured when the door is closed.

After checking for errors slowly close up andcarefully watch what moves, gets touched etc. as the door goes into place.

Does the frame move, twist, etc.. Does the door feel like something is causing it to stick or otherwise being interfered with?