[SOLVED] Cloud Backup service with hard copy option.

there are (or were) such services done by assorted cloud backup outfits in the past, but, many frown on paying monthly storage fees (or the delays in getting drives sent to them when the data is needed) which annually add up to more than the cost of a new 4, 5 or 6 TB drive...; with external USB drives often on sale for $59-$99, depending on capacity, it would be easier to simply get a pair of them

USAFRet

Titan
Hello,

Is there any cloud service that has hard copy service ? that is on demand they send you your drive by mail in a harddisk for a price?
Clarification - They would send you A drive, not YOUR drive.

BackBlaze has a Restore By Mail
https://www.backblaze.com/restore.html

There may be others, easily discoverable with a simple google search.
The string - "cloud backup" "mail hard drive" worked for me.

Solution

nofanneeded

Respectable
Sep 29, 2019
there are (or were) such services done by assorted cloud backup outfits in the past, but, many frown on paying monthly storage fees (or the delays in getting drives sent to them when the data is needed) which annually add up to more than the cost of a new 4, 5 or 6 TB drive...; with external USB drives often on sale for $59-$99, depending on capacity, it would be easier to simply get a pair of them

not simple size , I am talking about anything from 8 TB cloud storage which would need 5 days to download when needed all.

I al looking for next day Hard copy service.

USAFRet

Titan
not simple size , I am talking about anything from 8 TB cloud storage which would need 5 days to download when needed all.

I al looking for next day Hard copy service.
Why not local backups, and "cloud" only in an extreme case.

Dec 2018, one of my SSDs died. 960GB Sandisk, 605GB on it.
Click click in Macrium, all 605GB recovered, exactly as it was at 4AM that morning. Took about 90 minutes.

My "4th level offsite cloud" is a drive in a desk drawer at work.