Cloud-First Nextbit 'Robin' Smartphone Kickstarter Funded

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrc0516

Reputable
Sep 2, 2015
In reality, taking the Kickstarter approach is safer for the backers than other crowdfunding sites like Indiegogo. If the Kickstarter doesn't raise 100% of the goal dollars, the Principal gets nothing. Others allow for distribution of any and all monies raised whether the program fails or not. Personally, I'm far more concerned about the cloud storage aspect. Your, "excess stuff" is stored on Nextbit's OWN servers! How secure are these? What happens to my stuff if Nextbit goes belly-up or fails to pay the electric bill? Finally, do I have to sign MY rights to MY stuff away like other cloud storage solutions (with the exception of Dropbox)?

targetdrone

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2012
Anyone that remembers the Sidekick/Danger/Microsoft fiasco from a few years knows that could based storage is a dangerous proposition. Not to mention the recent lost of Google Drive data because of lighting strike.

olaf

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
all but useless if you leave a city, this cloud crap is only useful if you have a constant high speed connection. but it still doesn't compare to having it on hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.