Clueless on which Motherboard to buy. (found 1?)

logan832

Honorable
Aug 29, 2012
I would like to keep the price under $130. I already ordered my i5 2500k, and Radeon 6870. This is the only card I have found that has good reviews. Several people even mention that the MB works well with the 2500k. The only problem is- its backordered! I never ordered from NCIX (usually go with Amazon prime), so I am weary of two things. How long do they take to ship things, and how long do their backorders usually last?

Not in a huge rush to build the pc. Hoping to have it completed within a month. EDIT: I don't plan on OC'ing right now. If I do, it would only be a very small bit.

http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=63945&vpn=Z68%20Extreme3%20Gen3&manufacture=ASRock

logan832

Honorable
Aug 29, 2012
I was looking at that. That seems to be a good value. But I always freak out when I see 1 star/egg reviews. Seeing 40/250 scares me. My tech level is very low, but at the specs do you think that will perform well?

Absolutely it will. It's as good or better than the Z68 Extreme3, honestly.

And seriously, don't worry about Newegg Feedback. It's completely useless, lol. The simple fact is that a lot of people that post feedback there aren't very knowledgeable themselves, so a lot of the "problems" they have are user error, but they don't know any better, so they just blame it on the hardware. The same can be said for good feedback too, though.

Tom's did a review on Z77 boards, and picked the Z77 Extreme4 as one of the best in its price range.

You just need to look at reputable reviews for products from reputable sites that you trust.