[SOLVED] CM 550W Bronze Semi Mod Rattling Noise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 24, 2020
Cooler Master 550W psu here .. when i face the psu up or on its side this problem doesnt occur..

However when it is faced down like in my case and also out of the pc case things get funny. Every 5-6mins the psu would rattle and vibrate and the fan would start spinning for a few minutes and then stop and then this process repeats. This happens when my system is idle. When gaming it happens sometimes too.

When usage increases, the psu heats up and the fans spins , with the psu facing down, the fan spins but there isnt any rattling or vibration.

So im pretty sure the fan is working perfectly. Its the vibration and sudden rattling that is weird.

something inside is causing this.

Does anyone have the same problem? Need some help here! thank u:))

the youtube video below shows the problem.

View: https://youtu.be/MC9VPhitORM

Solution
The rattling is at 2 seconds when the fan spins.

Cooler Master 550W Bronze Semi-Mod. Its less than 2 months old. Everything in my system is working perfectly no booting issues or any issues when running games or programs. Its just that if if the PSU is faced down every 5-6 minutes the PSU rattle and vibrate as seen in the video with the fan spinning for a short while and stops. The cycle repeats. However when the PSU is faced up or on its side. This problem does not occur.

Thank u!
If your case has vents on the bottom the PSU should be facing down to get cool air. You can face it up but it will get warm air from inside the case. A high quality PSU can handle that with no problem. Yours is not so good but you can probably face...
Cooler Master 550W psu here .. when i face the psu up or on its side this problem doesnt occur..

However when it is faced down like in my case and also out of the pc case things get funny. Every 5-6mins the psu would rattle and vibrate and the fan would start spinning for a few minutes and then stop and then this process repeats. This happens when my system is idle. When gaming it happens sometimes too.

When usage increases, the psu heats up and the fans spins , with the psu facing down, the fan spins but there isnt any rattling or vibration.

So im pretty sure the fan is working perfectly. Its the vibration and sudden rattling that is weird.

something inside is causing this.
Does anyone have the same problem? Need some help here! thank u:))

I didn't hear anything on the video. What is the exact model and age of your PSU? You should have filmed the label on it while you had the camera going so we could see exactly what you have. Is the computer working properly or are you having any problems booting or running programs?

Aug 24, 2020
I didn't hear anything on the video. What is the exact model and age of your PSU? You should have filmed the label on it while you had the camera going so we could see exactly what you have. Is the computer working properly or are you having any problems booting or running programs?

Cooler Master 550W Bronze Semi-Mod. Its less than 2 months old. Everything in my system is working perfectly no booting issues or any issues when running games or programs. Its just that if if the PSU is faced down every 5-6 minutes the PSU rattle and vibrate as seen in the video with the fan spinning for a short while and stops. The cycle repeats. However when the PSU is faced up or on its side. This problem does not occur.

Thank u!

Thank u!
If your case has vents on the bottom the PSU should be facing down to get cool air. You can face it up but it will get warm air from inside the case. A high quality PSU can handle that with no problem. Yours is not so good but you can probably face it up without any issue as long as you have good airflow through the case.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.