Question CM Hyper TX3 evo still holds temperatures in 2021 ?

Rui Neves

Honorable
Sep 20, 2014
Hi ,
I am planning to buy the AMD R5 3600 , and I am currently using an AMD a8 6600k over the years with a CM hyper tx3 evo cooler and the cpu never reached to more than 55ºc for as long I have it. The R5 3600 with my actual cpu cooler will be fine too ?
My actual case is a NOX coolbay sx blue , and I am not planning on changing it , all fans are placed , 2 front blowing air in and 1 top and rear blowing air out.

The objective will be for gaming at the most demanding thing ! Not thinking in OC .

Last edited:

Mr.Spock

Respectable
Dec 8, 2019
no, the TX3 was designed when 65W TDP CPUs were the norm.
AMD recommends very few air coolers and most of them are much higher priced. You can get by with a Gammaxx 400 or 212 EVO, but the TX3 would be marginal at best

Reactions: Rui Neves

Rui Neves

Honorable
Sep 20, 2014
no, the TX3 was designed when 65W TDP CPUs were the norm.
AMD recommends very few air coolers and most of them are much higher priced. You can get by with a Gammaxx 400 or 212 EVO, but the TX3 would be marginal at best
humm that´s bad :( , I just saw this video "
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX4XBJChPvU
" seems that the cpu on 2600 reaches to 70ºc on full load , I can exept much higher than this on the 3600 ?

Last edited:

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Amd isn't Intel. AMD actually sticks to its power limits with Ryzen in default mode. So a 65w 3600 will be ok with a 120w TX3.

It's when using PBO which can use motherboard vendor settings and not AMD recommended settings that things get out of hand.

Just remember that Ryzen is dynamically self governing. It starts lowering clock speeds and voltages at 60°C, because it realistically doesn't want to let you go up past @ 80°C, so performance with a lackluster cooler is going to be worse than a larger cooler, even if temps are identical.

So temps should be around normal ranges with the TX3, just don't expect miricles of performance, the cpu will throttle itself to keep wattage to a minimum.

Reactions: SamirD

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS