It's a Tier A unit according to the tier list over on linustechtips, so I'd say it's pretty reliable for a mid-range and high-end system. You can use it, no worries. Tier List:

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1045610-new-psu-tier-list/?tab=comments#comment-12402695

Review, don't know if this site is trustworthy or not: https://pcper.com/2019/01/cooler-master-mwe-gold-750w-full-modular-power-supply-review/

Says in the end that there are better units available at its price point, so you might want to look at alternatives.

Reactions: aisfbdaiubsfabf
And that is exactly why you shouldn't trust tier lists. Particularly the one on the Linus forum. There is no justification for the MWE Gold being "Tier A". And that is far from the only error. Never listen to group-think. Do your own thinking and your own leg work.

That said, the MWE Gold is a respectable power supply. If the price is right, it's worth consideration. Just don't go into it thinking you are getting a "Tier A" unit.

And that is exactly why you shouldn't trust tier lists. Particularly the one on the Linus forum. There is no justification for the MWE Gold being "Tier A". And that is far from the only error. Never listen to group-think. Do your own thinking and your own leg work.

That said, the MWE Gold is a respectable power supply. If the price is right, it's worth consideration. Just don't go into it thinking you are getting a "Tier A" unit.
Tier A doesn't mean it's absolutely wonderful quality, there's one more tier above it which is where the best units are. Having said that, the tier below Tier A has power supplies like the CX 2017 series and the SeaSonic M12II units, and the MWE Gold does not seem to belong in that category either, so I'd say Tier A is pretty much justified for the quality of the unit - of course there will be some level of grouping up of slightly differing PSU's, you can't have a separate Tier for every PSU.

Tier A doesn't mean it's absolutely wonderful quality, there's one more tier above it which is where the best units are. Having said that, the tier below Tier A has power supplies like the CX 2017 series and the SeaSonic M12II units, and the MWE Gold does not seem to belong in that category either, so I'd say Tier A is pretty much justified for the quality of the unit - of course there will be some level of grouping up of slightly differing PSU's, you can't have a separate Tier for every PSU.

Well, it says that tier A is “high end”. That usually equals wonderful quality.

I would take the M12II 750 in a heartbeat over the MWE Gold. M12II 750 has better voltage regulation, ripple suppression, and build quality, but loses to the MWE in efficiency. That 3 of 4 major performance categories to the M12II 750, but somehow its a full tier down?

Just to put this in some persepective, the Corsair RM750x is in the same tier as the MWE. I can’t think of a single performance category the MWE wins in that matchup, but they are somehow in the same tier. The MWE is closer to the CX in performance than it is to the RMx or the M12II 750.

I would take the M12II 750 in a heartbeat over the MWE Gold. M12II 750 has better voltage regulation, ripple suppression, and build quality, but loses to the MWE in efficiency. That 3 of 4 major performance categories to the M12II 750, but somehow its a full tier down?

Just to put this in some persepective, the Corsair RM750x is in the same tier as the MWE. I can’t think of a single performance category the MWE wins in that matchup, but they are somehow in the same tier. The MWE is closer to the CX in performance than it is to the RMx or the M12II 750.
Perhaps the age of the models also plays a part in the Tier rating, the M12II's are pretty older models, so even though they have good performance, the newer models have better technology used in them, plus I'm pretty sure efficiency is a pretty major factor in deciding the tier - not saying the other 3 aren't important, but it still is a factor, and you're yourself saying the MWE Gold has similar performance to CX, which is one tier down - the additional tier perhaps comes from it being a newer model when compared to M12II, and from better efficiency when compared to CX units. Anyway, even if you call it a Tier B unit, it's still decent quality, nothing to restrain from using.

Jul 20, 2019

This is why the RM750x is in Tier A: Single rail units exceeding 650W will not be placed above Tier A

Trash tier list. Ignore it. You have better options out there: Corsair RMx, Evga Supernova G3, and Seasonic Focus Gold. It's a good power supply, but there are better units out there.

If you don't understand anything about PSUs, read reviews done by Aris Mpitziopoulos or Jonnyguru (Oklahoma Wolf) and read the last page. Other reviews are also okay, but those two guys are my go to PSU reviewers.