CM Storm Quickfire XT Cherry blue switches VS. Logitech G710+.

adavid

Reputable
Apr 1, 2015
see, I want to build a new gaming PC, but with that, I want to update my peripherals. Im currently running an Apple wireless keyboard, and a cheap HP mouse.
I've already bought a new mouse (Mionix AVIOR 7000 via massdrop), and that's on it's way to me, but I haven't decided on the keyboard. I've narrowed my options to the CM Storm Quickfire XT Cherry blue switches, or the Logitech G710+.
you need to understand, where I live, I dont have a huge selection, so i cant chose a keyboard and then what switch, so if you need to know what is my selection, here are the links to where I will buy:
https://www.ivory.co.il/catalog.php?act=cat&id=2630&orderBy=priceLow&filters%5B2171%5D%5B%5D=2816

http://ksp.co.il/?select=.1042..218..1278..2022.&list=1&sort=2&glist=0&uin=0&txt_search=&buy=&minprice=0&maxprice=0

I do have a few things I want in the keyboard, so here are they:
1. NOT 10-keyless. I've use this apple keyboard for over a year now, and i HATE that it doesn't have a numpad. for me, a numpad is a must.
2. I want a tactile feel from the keys, that's why I went for the blue and the brown switches, and not some of the cherry MX red/black.
3. then there are some things that I would like, but not a must. stuff like backlighting, the ability to disable the windows button or whatever nice features they keyboard can throw at me. stuff like the media controls on the G710+ is great.

also guys, I have another question. will the sound of the blues annoy me overtime, or is it kinda weak so it wont annoy me as much?

so now I have a few options on what i'm going to buy. the CM storm one, the G710+, if there is a good keyboard on massdrop (which actually use cherry switches), or whatever you guys can recommend to me from those links.

thanks in advance for any feedback, suggestions, or whatever else you want to say.

giantbucket

Dignified
BANNED
I have the CM Storm in brown and blue keys, and a Thermaltake Poseidon in brown (though I'm not sure if they're Cherry-brand or some other similar thing). the blues feel nice but are a bit loud and yeah after a full day of working it would be annoying. the browns are very nice, and I prefer them.

personally I think the CM Storm Quickfire keyboards that I have are very well built. solid for sure. if someone were to break into my home, I'd reach for my Sig 1911 Scorpion first, but the CM Storm would be a good plan B.

adavid

Reputable
Apr 1, 2015

ok then, I've got 2 different opinions, but can you go to those links and see if you can fine another keyboard that has all the things I want?

TRENDING THREADS