CM vs Corsair.

darkvine

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
I am going to start building a new rig in about 3 months though I will start getting some parts together soon. For a while I was going to go with the Antec 1200 but finally decided that what I really wanted was the Cooler Master HAF 932 both because I love the case and that it allows E-ATX.

However now I just can't stop staring at the Corsair Obsidian 800D. While I am not cooling to do it right away I will be moving to a fairly heavy water cooling setup and the room in that case is unreal as well as cable management.

I don't like how the Obsidian looks all that much, it is very plain though style however it's plainness only means I can get crazy with case mods later on.

I am much kind of looking to see what people personal would like or suggest.

Build:

Motherboard: EVGA X58 Classified
CPU: Intel Core i7-920
Memory/RAM: 6 GB of OCZ DDR3-1333. (getting something a bit more high end later on.)
hard Drives: 2x 1.5TB Western Digital.
Power Supply. Corsair 750W.
CPU Cooling: Cooler Master V10 but will go for water cooling later.
Graphics Card: 4890 Vapor-X (moving to 5XXX seires once their price drops a few months after release.)

ShtBrix

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2009
IMO the Corsair case is just way over priced. Should be $200 tops. Way too much steel to be worth $270. The cable management and hot swap bays are really nice though.

darkvine

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
yeah it is really over priced but with the hot swap and cable management as well makes it worth the money when you think of the soild build quailty.

If I do get the Corsair it will be my case for a long....long...long time.

I have the Coolermaster HAF 932. It is a huge case with lots of extra room. The design allows for a variety of configurations, including watercooling.

If you are in the USA and you are patient and can wait you should eventually be able to find it online for $129.00 plus free shipping.

Right now the Coolermaster Storm Sniper which is another huge case is on sale for $129.00 plus free shipping:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119194&Tpk=11-119-194

Yoosty

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2007

darkvine

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009

I really do love the HAF fo all those reasons. And I actually plan to use the Scout, rather then the sniper, for my girlfriends AMD rig.

I really like the case, some of the features are quiet interesting as well. Love the PSU rails, it's a nice touch even if it only makes things a little easier. Only bad thing is I would really need to paint it black inside and I could likely cut my own window out for far cheaper. Still I will think about this one. Got to love Zalman after all.

englandr753

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2007
If you can find one of these this is what I would go for:

http://www.bizrate.com/tower_drivecases/cooler-master-stacker-830-evolution-extended-atx-full-tower-case--pid610065468/compareprices.html

These are not in production anymore so you will have to search the web if you can't buy from this site.

I have this in silver. It has a TON of room and great features. I removed the motherboard tray and reversed the side the mobo mounts and my cpu is upside down and the gpus are at the top. I did this to get more airflow.

Great case!!