CMD pop ups every so often. EXTREMELY ANNOYING.

Kemeky

Reputable
Dec 8, 2015
I have not seen the name of the command prompt pop-ups because it is only there for a split second, 2-3 happen on startup usually, and there is usually 1-2 popping up throughout the day, i was playing a game in this time and when it popped up it minimized my game but the cmd prompt lasted for like a millisecond after it minimized my game. Is this malware and even if it is not how can I stop this? For the past week also if i play games it minimizes it which annoys me a lot. It also pops-up so quickly that I cant even read it before it closes itself

It is not malware according to a user on Malware Tips. This is our conversation https://malwaretips.com/threads/cmd-opening-and-closing.61643/

Please help me it annoys me in fast paced game and I get minimized until I bring it back up which could mean life or death, in the game.

Kemeky

Reputable
Dec 8, 2015

Nope, thats not it either. Sadly.

Kemeky

Reputable
Dec 8, 2015

It happened at 12:00 it seems, could not really find anything in event viewer, if it happens again I will look at task scheduler and event viewer again see see the exact time, I did delete one scheduled task which last ran at 12:00 of today, I will keep you updated with what happens next.

don2xify

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2011
Have you ever found a solution to this? This also happens to me. I can't quite catch what it says as whenever it pops up, it catches me off guard.. Sometimes there's nothing at all that's written. But it's so sporadic that I can get 2 within a few minutes, sometimes none in a few hours.

This happened when I installed windows 10.