Question CMD prompt

Nov 15, 2022
Hello good afternoon, i would like to learn more about CMD prompt, Is there a place i can find a list of cmd code to access and view ones BIOS?

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
As a side note, you're better off searching "what command gets me_____?" Rather than trying to memorize or deep dive into power shell. It's very extensive. Once you get the basic syntax figured out and understand the help command for a given piece, you'll be good to go searching each piece you want make happen.

Reactions: josh1234dk
Nov 15, 2022
I want to make one, using cmd pompt, notepad++ and rainmeter or something better
the thing is with rainmeter you would have to install the app on your pc to get it to work and then edit a few things yourself. my pc has finished installing windows but its taking forever to load. ive reset it to many times and i might have damaged the sata hdd in the process. just waiting for it to load the installed version so i can use it to make the app and do some work. is there a way to fix the hard drive

Nov 15, 2022
the thing is with rainmeter you would have to install the app on your pc to get it to work and then edit a few things yourself. my pc has finished installing windows but its taking forever to load. ive reset it to many times and i might have damaged the sata hdd in the process. just waiting for it to load the installed version so i can use it to make the app and do some work. is there a way to fix the hard drive
you know what the funny thing is i asked on the super user site and the first immediate answer was no it cant be done, which is ironic since there are already applications developed that do. I dont know exactly if i can using a stored cmd prompt file to do it but i mean theres a way.

you know what the funny thing is i asked on the super user site and the first immediate answer was no it cant be done, which is ironic since there are already applications developed that do. I dont know exactly if i can using a stored cmd prompt file to do it but i mean theres a way.
Well you can't make a desktop app that uses the cmd because it would be a cmd app running on the desktop, with programmers that's a huge difference.
Also anything that uses a bat file is not an app but a script even if you compile it to make it look like an exe it's still just a script, this is also a huge difference for programmers.

Rainmeter has a pretty good documentation with plenty of command line commands listed.

D

Deleted member 14196

That’s called a Console app. You could make an app that runs in a Consol window and it would I’ll put all of the information there and perhaps write out a file

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
all you got to do is figure out how to read the sensors that the other programs read and then display it somehow.

never tried getting info from the mobo sensors but clearly its been done . my guess is there is some sdk available that allows you to get to that info. may not be possible with just powershell but it's clearly possible.

seems like a good first search. "how do i get data from the mobo sensors?"