[SOLVED] CMOS battery holder

Oct 28, 2020
Hi,

I have a motherboard model Asrock B365M Pro4 which have the component CMOS Battery holder separeted by the motherboard. I would like replace it but I don't know the specific name of that component. Can anyone help me?
I also want to know if that component is necessary for the correct functioning of my computer or if I can leave it as it is.

4iQZMAx.jpg
K7irSBm.jpg

Last edited:
Solution
Sorry, but i don't understand what it means.

First to understand is that whatever battery holder you get you'll have to solder it to the motherboard. If you're not comfortable with that then take it to an electronics repair shop and have them do the repair.

So the battery holder is soldered on; while there are a lot of battery holder options you'll have to find one with the exact same location of the tabs that solder onto the motherboard if you want a direct replacement. But it looks like the body of the holder actually obscures or covers the soldering location so you may have to use a hot-air reflow soldering method. That's not a casual DIY soldering method with a cheap soldering iron.

But you can also just solder a wire...
Sorry, but i don't understand what it means.

First to understand is that whatever battery holder you get you'll have to solder it to the motherboard. If you're not comfortable with that then take it to an electronics repair shop and have them do the repair.

So the battery holder is soldered on; while there are a lot of battery holder options you'll have to find one with the exact same location of the tabs that solder onto the motherboard if you want a direct replacement. But it looks like the body of the holder actually obscures or covers the soldering location so you may have to use a hot-air reflow soldering method. That's not a casual DIY soldering method with a cheap soldering iron.

But you can also just solder a wire from the terminals of any battery holder...maybe even the one you have...to the pads on the board and use it that way too. The holder with battery will be left dangling at the end of the two wires, but that can be dealt with by carefully hot-melt gluing it into a safe location, just make the wires long enough.

And observe polarity.

Last edited:
Solution
Oct 28, 2020
I found another error. I tried to connect two monitor. The first on GPU graphic card and the second one on onboard motherboard graphic card but the second not work. I looked up on Google and it seems that new onboard motherboard graphic card don't work. It isn't detected by BIOS.
This problem could be collegated with the CMOS battery?