Question Cmos reset now can not boot past bios

Mar 21, 2019
So my pc crashed and i decided to do a power drain bc after the crash the pc would just run with fans blaring and that's it. The gpu would not display, no bios, nothing.. the comouter would just run. Bc the power drain did not work, i decided to reset my cmos battery. Once i did that i can boot to bios settings, but i can go no further than that bc my pc will continually restart itself after it loads the bios. I have 2 hardrives set in the raid config 0. I set the option to raid and it restarts if i set it to achi the system tells me that no operating system can be found. I reset my raid to achi and i am still having trouble. I tried booting to windows recovery disk and usb but still nothing.. my mothervoard is a XDJ4C Dell Alienware Area 51 Intel Desktop Motherboard s1366

Mar 21, 2019
You could try to use a separate drive and install the os on it without using any raid configuration. If it boots to the os from that drive, it might be a problem with the raid array. In raid0, if one drive fails, the data is lost on both drives. Maybe that's the reason it malfunctions when you try to boot from the raid setup.

Mar 21, 2019
Yea that is a great idea actually. The only thing is i rewrote the drive to ahci and i cant boot to a windows install cd or even my usb with windows 10. There was a point where it did boot to those devices but it was stuck at the windows logo. I will try installing windows on a separate drive, however, and let you know my results

Mar 21, 2019
Yea that is a great idea actually. The only thing is i rewrote the drive to ahci and i cant boot to a windows install cd or even my usb with windows 10. There was a point where it did boot to those devices but it was stuck at the windows logo. I will try installing windows on a separate drive, however, and let you know my results
You know, that actually sounds like the motherboard could be failing. Because when you got the crash in the first place, you said that the fans were spinning but nothing else happened. You could try to take the motherboard out on the desk, and have only the minimum needed devices connected to it, and start troubleshooting from there.

Mar 21, 2019
You know, that actually sounds like the motherboard could be failing. Because when you got the crash in the first place, you said that the fans were spinning but nothing else happened. You could try to take the motherboard out on the desk, and have only the minimum needed devices connected to it, and start troubleshooting from there.

Honestly, i wouldnt be suprised the computer is roughly 9 years old lol. Theres been wonky crashes the past 2 years. I figured it was more on alienwares custom mb and having a titan x in the rig too. Ill try to troubleshoot them all individually. I can do that through boot, correct? And colin, Thank you, for your suggestions. I really appreciate it.

Mar 21, 2019
Honestly, i wouldnt be suprised the computer is roughly 9 years old lol. Theres been wonky crashes the past 2 years. I figured it was more on alienwares custom mb and having a titan x in the rig too. Ill try to troubleshoot them all individually. I can do that through boot, correct? And colin, Thank you, for your suggestions. I really appreciate it.
Yes, try that. Sadly, there’s not much you can do at home. If you find out what component is causing the crashes, you could take it to a specialized repair shop. But I strongly believe it’s the motherboard. Hopefully, I am wrong, and it’s the raid setup. But, you’re welcome. If you find a solution, you can post it here, for others who experience the same problem.

Reactions: Brandiggitydoo215
Mar 21, 2019
Yes, try that. Sadly, there’s not much you can do at home. If you find out what component is causing the crashes, you could take it to a specialized repair shop. But I strongly believe it’s the motherboard. Hopefully, I am wrong, and it’s the raid setup. But, you’re welcome. If you find a solution, you can post it here, for others who experience the same problem.
Yes, i always post any results to share. Either way, i already have a vastly, superior pc en route lol. Hopefully, i can get that issue sorted and maybe sell it for a small price

TRENDING THREADS