[SOLVED] Cna I use a Y fan splitter on my motherboard?

Mar 17, 2020
Hello boys and girls!
I need to install a few more fans in my case (I have 2 right now) but my motherboard only has 2 system fan headers.
So I wonder if I can run a Y splitter from each of those headers to get two extra fan headers. The mother board I use is the B450M GAMING PLUS and I read something about the power going to each fan header and that the ''standard'' was 1A, but I can't find any info on that in the manual for the motherboard. Can you help me?

Thanks!

Solution
Hello boys and girls!
I need to install a few more fans in my case (I have 2 right now) but my motherboard only has 2 system fan headers.
So I wonder if I can run a Y splitter from each of those headers to get two extra fan headers. The mother board I use is the B450M GAMING PLUS and I read something about the power going to each fan header and that the ''standard'' was 1A, but I can't find any info on that in the manual for the motherboard. Can you help me?

Thanks!
Sometimes the MB manufacturers give you the spec. sometimes they don't.
If I can't find it I would assume it's 1 amp.
So assuming each header can output 1 amp safely....the total draw of the fans on that header can't go over 1 amp.
So add up the current ratings for...
Hello boys and girls!

Thanks!
Sometimes the MB manufacturers give you the spec. sometimes they don't.
If I can't find it I would assume it's 1 amp.
So assuming each header can output 1 amp safely....the total draw of the fans on that header can't go over 1 amp.
So add up the current ratings for each header and don't go over an amp.

Solution