CNET embarrasses Intel in Dual core review

Beowulf021

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2005
Those gaming results in round 2 are seriously embarrassing :oops: , good god anyone who were considering a dual core option and saw those results would be easily sold, even if they knew basically nothing about computers.

FUGGER

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
FUGGER is already trying to argue that they used a shitty mobo.

It lost at everything. I have to argue it is a shitty mobo? I dont think so.

I sure its the best Intel mobo to an AMD fanboy and has no flaws... :wink:

pat

Expert
LOL.. still as idiot as it was.. Complaining about the test did not make use of hyperthreading.. forgetting to mention that only the extreme edition actually has HT and the simple D don't.

There is nothing wrong with the Intel. You cannot expect those chip to perform in par with AMD. They are the "sempron dual core" if they were AMD.

They are priced right and for common dual core, they do the job ok..

K8MAN

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2005
FUGGER is already trying to argue that they used a shitty mobo.

It lost at everything. I have to argue it is a shitty mobo? I dont think so.

I sure its the best Intel mobo to an AMD fanboy and has no flaws... :wink:
Stop trying to make it look that way FUGGER :roll:
The board is not any more than +-5% off of any other mobo which uses the same chipset. Maybe its not Xtreme :wink: but for the stock clocks it is an accurate representation of the platform.

FUGGER

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
You are incorrect sir, far more than 5% off.

This is a SLI score on Intel with a pair of 7800GT's. CPU and GPU overclocked. A single XL scores higher than that.

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=1473121

Same cards on AMD will score over 10K.

Its not just SLI, the mobo in general in junk. Yes it works and runs SLI yet sucks hardcore. You would be far better off with a single X1800XL or XT on Intel.

The memory timing used on the Intel rig (crucial memory) was 5-5-5-15 @ 200FSB on the cnet review. I dont think I could have found worse memory. I am willing to bet they used 2-2-2-5 timing on the AMD.

K8MAN

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2005
Do they run either setup with SLI? I didnt see it mentioned.....
Notice they also isolated the CPU in the GFX tests rather than pouring on the AA and AF with high resolutions.

endyen

Splendid
You are really taking the wrong track fugger. With the choice of benchmarks, there was no way to get any other result.
Those benchmarks are as biased to Amd, as THG's benchies are to Intel.
No-one can take either's review seriously. Anandtech, or HardOCP maybe, but cnet? or THG, not on your dime.

Schmide

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2001
FUGGER just banned a couple people on xtremesystems

xtremesystems thread

Personally I think you should be held to a higher standard when you’re in a position of authority. It’s kind of funny (ironic) when the FUG is spreading the FUD and someone calls him on it using a generally harmless analogy, they get banned. I’ve always had some respect for Fugger, (he does some amazing things with hardware) but it seems to come with a price. A price most are unwilling to pay. I really hope he comes to his senses (or the other powers that be at xtremesystems help him) and restores these accounts along with whatever dignity he has left.

I guess its ok to call people retards and infer that they beat their wives, but compare them to a child and out you goes.

Some recent quotes from this site by Fugger

A bunch of fanboys are you

I love the AMD circle jerks in every thread like this here on ****. You shove AMD anyones throat no matter what the scenario is. When ever someone debates the AMD fanboys they pack up like dogs to belittle, disrespect, and brow beat them into never wanting to post here again. FU2.

You picked the wrong forum for Intel advice. This forum is full of AMD fanboys and you will not get a good answer (Obvioudsly).

Stop wasting your time fighting with the retards here. I just interject and leave because the AMD Lemmings here troll everything Intel.

You know what I meant and dont be such a retard. Lame attempts at twisting anything anyone says to suit your needs doesnt come easy to you.

We all see through you and I am sure lots of people have left this site because of your AMD Nazi ways. You do it to everyone, not just me.

But then again, you will beat anything to death and I hope that doesnt include your wife.

Man, you wont let go.

You try to preach like you know wtf you are talking about but in reality what you say is total BS. PAE... dude, nice try but your a retard at best.

Who cares about your points, you have been proven wrong time and time again.

Maybe if you had this platform you would be a tad bit more knowledgeable than the average troll.

*** needs to fire the retards and hire people who know the standard and use it.

Schmide

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2001
man, is it so hard to admit that intel is slower, you are probably a grown man, and you act like a 10 year old kid

what;s the big deal , the tables turn all the time, no matter if it's graphics or cpus, is it nvidia vs ati or amd vs intel

I like amd, and didn't have any problems admiting that intel was leading when they released the P4C. And so things go on P3 < K7 < P4 < K8 and so on and so on...

Is that bannable? Talk about a ~Z

FUGGER

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I must have benned you based on the info given here. :D

Not sure that all those quotes are mine but it must have taken some time. Is this the best use of your time? dwelling on what I will say next?

I am human and have no problem speaking my mind. Just ask anyone here and it should no surprise to anyone. :wink:

Worf101

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2004
FUGGER just banned a couple people on xtremesystems

xtremesystems thread

Some recent quotes from this site by Fugger

A bunch of fanboys are you

I love the AMD circle jerks in every thread like this here on ****. You shove AMD anyones throat no matter what the scenario is. When ever someone debates the AMD fanboys they pack up like dogs to belittle, disrespect, and brow beat them into never wanting to post here again. FU2.

You picked the wrong forum for Intel advice. This forum is full of AMD fanboys and you will not get a good answer (Obvioudsly).

Stop wasting your time fighting with the retards here. I just interject and leave because the AMD Lemmings here troll everything Intel.

You know what I meant and dont be such a retard. Lame attempts at twisting anything anyone says to suit your needs doesnt come easy to you.

We all see through you and I am sure lots of people have left this site because of your AMD Nazi ways. You do it to everyone, not just me.

But then again, you will beat anything to death and I hope that doesnt include your wife.

Man, you wont let go.

You try to preach like you know wtf you are talking about but in reality what you say is total BS. PAE... dude, nice try but your a retard at best.

Who cares about your points, you have been proven wrong time and time again.

Maybe if you had this platform you would be a tad bit more knowledgeable than the average troll.

*** needs to fire the retards and hire people who know the standard and use it.

I've only built a few rigs and have no claims at computer building expertise whatsoever... I know more'n some and a lot less than others... but I know an a**hole when I see/read one. My qualifications in this field of endeavor? I was a Sgt. in the U.S. Army Combat Engineers, late of the 8th, 5th and 2nd Combat Engineer Battalions "Essayon". I've commanded men in garrison, in the field and underfire. I KNOW men... If even half the quotes picted above are truly attributable to this character then he has no business running anything. Under combat situations... he'd a been gone the fiirst day. No neccesarily dead but wounded enough to get him out of the way... Wow... this guy's an adult?

Da Worfster :roll:

FUGGER

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Most are my quotes. taken out of context and over quite a few years. If you knew the other end of the conversation you would understand the quotes a bit better.

You see, I support Intel and that not sit well with others here. It shouldnt matter what machine I support.

You would also know I love to stir the hornets nest here.

Google fugger Intel

Worf101

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2004
Most are my quotes. taken out of context and over quite a few years. If you knew the other end of the conversation you would understand the quotes a bit better.

You see, I support Intel and that not sit well with others here. It shouldnt matter what machine I support.

Why is that information important? I am public enemy #1 as I hold many of the Intel top overclocks and performance records.

You would also know I love to stir the hornets nest here.

Google fugger Intel

You learn quick in the **** that all the information in the world, poorly or "unpleasently" presented will neither pursuade men to follow your course nor get what you want done... done. You're right... I don't know both sides of the story and you may have been quoted out of context, hell you may even be right about the AMD vs. Intel dual core dust-up, but when trying to lead "how" you say a thing is often more important that "what" you say. That's all I'm trying to say...

Da Worfster

Schmide

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2001
Nah it didn’t take that long. No longer than it took to follow the thread on xtreme, certainly no longer than it took you to ban LOE. A quick search, a couple cuts and pastes. I was just so surprised that you cut him off so quickly. His analogy wasn’t even that bad, it wasn’t even personal. He said “acting” not that you were a 10 year old. I always though you had a somewhat of a sense of humor but I guess that was more your GOD complex getting the best of you. I also did a LOE search on your board and that guy wasn’t that bad. Kind of a good contributor. I guess for me the word hypocrite is a catalyst for action.

I don’t know why I posted all those quotes when usually I stay on the sidelines. (and yes some were out of context) I do kind of apologize.

I always like reading xtreme there are some darn good contributors there. What disappointed me the most is that only one guy kind of stood up to you after the ban and I could read the fear in his or her text. I wasn’t going to join and poop on your lawn.

Is xtreme hosted in Communist China?

julius

Distinguished
May 19, 2004
first, meltie go get laid. second, fugger, you say that you support intel. youre more of a fanboy than the guy you banned. i would buy an intel cpu in a second if it cost less than an amd and ran better, cooler, etc etc... ive owned more intel rigs, and amd is faster now... its not a big deal, and not everybody is a fanboy for saying that.

G

LOL at porkster comments, gotta love it =), I do agree that the benchmark where somewath biased, but that always seams to be the case going one way or the other. People should'nt get that offended and should actually let go some. It seams they forget its only hardware and that being a nerd is'nt the only thing in life! :lol:

So yeah AMD go get laid if you can, and uh everyone should just pick the damn CPU thats suits your needs! We all know porkster will get a Pentium-D 820/830 =)

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Hey Fugger, I'm behind you on that, if they used memory at 200MHz clock and CAS5, they intentionally hadicapped the system by a wide margin.

Also, even with whatever handicap, Intel won the price/performance comparison, way at the bottom with their 820D. Look at the curve, price ramps up much faster than performance for all processors tested, so the cheapest one gives you the most bang for the buck!

First place in bang for the buck: D-820

Second Place in Bang for the Buck: D-830

So even if they didn't purposely handicap the system, Intel still wins the price/performance comparison.