CNN news story (7/1/04)

> Notice the cellular co and phone make at the end of this story...
>
> http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/West/07/01/exploding.phone/index.html

I know they replaced mine for free, so either that person was not
registered, did not do the upgrade or a (new?) problem still exists.
Hmm. Not good. I really like my two Kyocera models and it ticks me off
that this is happening. My first thought is that it was some
bean-counter-cost-cutting failure (I have seen it too many times in
the engineering field).

On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 22:21:54 -0400, "Frank" <me@somewhere.net> wrote:
>Notice the cellular co and phone make at the end of this story...
>http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/West/07/01/exploding.phone/index.html

Looks like a Kyocera 2235 to me.

> I wonder if this is a fluke... y'all recall the very recent 7135 battery
> recall?

That's what I was thinking of. They replaced mine free of charge.