[SOLVED] Coax Outlets but need Ethernet because of Fiber DSL - Help Please

Jan 22, 2020
We just bought a new home which was a new build and our side of the street is forced to use Century link DSL. Luckily we are in a fiber network so at least the speed isn't as bad...

However our fireplace and other rooms are all wired with Coax connectors but our router is tied to the only phone line in the house which is in our kitchen. Can something like this easily fix the problem for me? Moca Ethernet to Coax

I don't know if the coax lines are hot or tied into anything as I don't want to use direct tv so I haven't had a cable company come out yet.

What are my option am I going to have to pay someone to come drop phone lines in all my rooms???

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Solution
I don't need more phones, the only reason I would add more phone lines is to make a new hardwired connection. I dont want adapters as we stream all our entertainment and need direct wired connections in every room.

Can i not use the above link in my post or do you have to have active cable service on the coax?
MoCA does not require cable service to carry network data. In fact some cable service can interfere with MoCA. Since we don't know exactly how your coax was installed, the best recommendation is to buy a pair from a store with a reasonable return policy. They try them. You won't get gigabit speeds, but 200Mbit is typical with MoCA. And of course, you do need a two-pack to start. One at your router and one at the...
We just bought a new home which was a new build and our side of the street is forced to use Century link DSL. Luckily we are in a fiber network so at least the speed isn't as bad...

However our fireplace and other rooms are all wired with Coax connectors but our router is tied to the only phone line in the house which is in our kitchen. Can something like this easily fix the problem for me? Moca Ethernet to Coax

I don't know if the coax lines are hot or tied into anything as I don't want to use direct tv so I haven't had a cable company come out yet.

What are my option am I going to have to pay someone to come drop phone lines in all my rooms???

Thanks in advance for all your help.
If you need multiple phones just get this. https://www.amazon.com/VTech-CS6529...ocphy=9018702&hvtargid=pla-348837323406&psc=1 You only need the primary phone jack for the main location, and all the other handsets connect to the main wirelessly.

If you wanted to run ethernet to other rooms, the easiest way would be using powerline adapter. https://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-Powe...ocphy=9018702&hvtargid=pla-434473964379&psc=1

Jan 22, 2020
I don't need more phones, the only reason I would add more phone lines is to make a new hardwired connection. I dont want adapters as we stream all our entertainment and need direct wired connections in every room.

Can i not use the above link in my post or do you have to have active cable service on the coax?

kanewolf

Titan

MoCA does not require cable service to carry network data. In fact some cable service can interfere with MoCA. Since we don't know exactly how your coax was installed, the best recommendation is to buy a pair from a store with a reasonable return policy. They try them. You won't get gigabit speeds, but 200Mbit is typical with MoCA. And of course, you do need a two-pack to start. One at your router and one at the far end point. You can add additional far end points but they all share the same bandwidth.

Solution
Moca was designed for your scenario as long as you have access to the other end of the wire where they are all combined into a splitter.

You can easily get gigabit speeds through moca if the wire is in decent shape, and with the newer 2.5Gbps adapter, even have 2.5Gbps bandwidth on the backbone (still 1Gbps to devices).