Question COD Modern Warefare is constantly crashing ?

Feb 18, 2023
Running bnet and I’ve scanned it many times, never fixes anything. Reinstalled the game 4 times on two different drives. Wondering if it’s something hardware related. No issues with any other games though…

Feb 18, 2023
There is a built in RGB. It’s always running lights but I’ll try to see if there is an app controlling it. I haven’t noticed if there is a way to control it. I do run icue for my headset, Logitech hub for my mouse/keyboard, NVIDIA experience and the dragon center Msi app (just recently).

Last edited:

Kona45primo

Honorable
Jan 16, 2021
This had happened to me a few times since the new season launched. Never had an issue in season 1. Zero crashes.

"Restart shader optimization" or something like that in video settings kept it from crashing again. Have to click the button and restart the game.

Hope that helps, random crashes like this really plagued COD Cold War and you could scan and repair all you wanted, sometimes the game is just buggy. At least they are doing a better job this time around

Feb 18, 2023
I have tried as admin, lowering graphics etc. Almost feel like maybe it’s an audio bug. Lots of times a specific non ambient noise will be the last think I hear.

Mar 7, 2023
Hey - i was having this issue.

I recently increased by RAM from 16Gb to 32Gb, reverted to 16Gb and no crashes since. Not sure if you're running 2 x 16Gb sticks so may not have the option to reduce.