Question CoD Modern Warfare

paca32249

Reputable
May 31, 2018
Hello. This is a long post, so I'll apologize now and appreciate people taking the time to read it.
It's concerning the stuttering/freezing in CoDMW. It's also happening to a lesser extent in GR Breakpoint, but not Wildlands.
This is what I have. 750psu / i5-8600 / gigabyte aorus gtx 1660 Ti / msi Z370 mobo / 16b ram / playing games on a hybrid drive / Nothing else runs when I run the game.
I have read all the suggestions from everyone on youtube, pertaining to the graphics settings. I can't play at any lower in the settings. If my settings were any lower, I'd be in the negative.
I turned off Vsync and anti-aliasing and Nvidia highlights. I've disable "cache spot shadows" and "cache sun shadows". Running at 60fps.
I've turned off anything to do with " overlay options" in GeForce. I found one youtuber, Lil Jetta who has a great video, a lot of research went into it
<
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfHlncoFiV8&t=246s
>
where he's using 'process lasso and he finds the game when it's running and runs the "Priority Class" at "normal". That helped a little, reducing the in-game freezing from every 12 seconds to about every 20 seconds. So I now run it at "below normal", but no biggie. When the game is running, it shows <gpu time 5-6 ms> and <cpu time 4-5 ms> and <fps is 60>
So last night I wrote to Blizzard and I'm requesting a refund. I've only had the game 1 day and most of my playing time is trying these suggestions to make the game run smooth. I love the game but it's not worth the aggravation. STOP START STOP START ...yadda yadda yadda.
If anyone has any ideas that have worked for them, other than what everybody else is putting on youtube who all have the same suggestions that don't work, I'd appreciate it so much.
I know that all these youtube and Google suggestions/ideas work for different people for their specific issues, and that's great for them, but none in my case. Thanks for reading. Paca

paca32249

Reputable
May 31, 2018
After 2 1/2 weeks of not getting one answer, I think that I found an answer on youtube. One week and so far so good. This is the one that did it...
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NLf8YskjAQ
...I did everything but the last step, (changing the game's .exe file) I believe that the kicker, the game-changer was switching to DX11 from DX12. Thanks anyway to the 168 who read this. Hopefully this will help someone else. I can see now that it's a ginormous problem with the game. Activision, Infinity Ward and Blizzard were absolutely useless, no help at all, like tits on a bull. Blizzard said "go fish" ask Activision. Activision never replied and Infinity Ward are as bad as the other two combined. Because of this, I will never buy another game from Blizzard and/or Activision. For those who had no issues with the game, good for you, you're the lucky ones. There are a <Mod Edit> load of people even with an i9 and RTX 2080 ti who also have the same freezing & crashing problems with this game. It's amazing that Blizzard and Activision couldn't give a flying <Mod Edit>. I'm done, thankfully.

Last edited by a moderator: