Question CoD MW GPU or DX issue?

zdking

Commendable
Apr 11, 2018
I dont know how many here can help with this issue, or how many that are familiar with the new MW and its issues, specially the Dev Error 6068.

Since I got the game I've had this error non-stop! Every day. Every game. Spent hours searching, troubleshooting and changing up settings, disabling programmes etc etc. For Nvidia users theres a whole list of things to do to help, but I cant find any for AMD.

In theory my R9 390X shouldnt have any problems with the game, but I got so [redacted] fed up, that for the sake of theory, I took my GPU out, and swapped if for my fiancee's old GTX 960. And guess what?! No more Dev Error 6068! My only issue now is just the lags cus of a [old] GPU. To make matters worse, this doesnt make ANY sense to me at all, as 6068 is (in theory?) a DirectX error?! After some searching it seems like lots of R9 users have this issue.

Anyways, using the 960 is going to become a headache in the long run due to lags. Anyone got any ideas about this issue? Is my R9 simply ready to retire now? I've got no issues with other games using the R9.

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
In essence, the R9 390x is a power hungry card compared to the GTX960. This leads me to ask what your PSU's make and model as well as it's age are?

In fact you should list your full system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

zdking

Commendable
Apr 11, 2018
In essence, the R9 390x is a power hungry card compared to the GTX960. This leads me to ask what your PSU's make and model as well as it's age are?

In fact you should list your full system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Except for CoD, I've got no issues at all with any games I install. The PSU was bought along with "everything" else August 2015.

CPU: intel i7 4790K
Motherboard: Asus Z97-P
Ram: HyperX Fury DDR3 1600mhz 16GB
SSD/HDD: Crucial BX100 250GB SSD, Samsung 1TB HDD and Hitachi 750MB HDD
GPU: Sapphire Radeon TRI-X R9 390X 8GB "OC"
PSU: Cooler Master G750M, 750W
Chassis: Chieftec Scorpion II Gaming