Discussion COD:Warzone 2FA

Woobnut

Honorable
Oct 23, 2015
I saw that that COD:Warzone now requires 2 factor authentication. I think this could be a great way to remove some of the cheaters in PC FPS games. Sure you can get other phone numbers in order to cheat but at least it's more hoops to jump for the scum bags that need to cheat. I use 2FA daily for work and it has become second nature and fast that the inconvenience argument is gone. What do yall think?

Woobnut

Honorable
Oct 23, 2015
Not sure how this helps with cheaters/hackers. Doesn’t it only help prevent people stealing your account and DLC?
Instead of banning just accounts you can ban the phone numberas well. It is a bit harder to get new phone numbers than it is to create a new acount. Of course you will have to take into account someone getting a new account that has been previously banned but I am sure tht can be overcome with some ingenuity.

Instead of banning just accounts you can ban the phone numberas well. It is a bit harder to get new phone numbers than it is to create a new acount. Of course you will have to take into account someone getting a new account that has been previously banned but I am sure tht can be overcome with some ingenuity.
Interesting idea, I wonder how practical that is. Do you know if they are actually doing this? Not something I have looked at in recent years but it used to be these bans were only temporary anyway.

Woobnut

Honorable
Oct 23, 2015
Reactions: sizzling