[SOLVED] COD:Warzone low fps on decent rig

May 17, 2020
Hi guys,

Thanks in advance for helping to look into my situation.

I have a pretty decent computer with specs to be running games at high-end or at least above 120+ fps constantly since I am on 1080p at the moment. I have recently installed COD: Warzone and I have set all the settings on low or disabled.

I am getting 120-140 fps in games, but in parts of the map with lots of buildings in the game I fall into 80+ FPS and I can feel my graphics getting very jerky with live firefights happening.

I have tried to run Task Manager whilst in game and I can see that my CPU and RAM is being used 50%-70% but my GPU is at 0-2%. This is quite weird as I am sure my GPU is not being fully utilized. I have tried to set everything on high as I read at 1080p this will help to utilize the GPU more, however my FPS drops even more to 100ish and I can feel the graphics lag even more obvious.

My Rig set up:
Intel i7-7700 @ 3.6Ghz
ASRock Z270 Killer SLI
16gb DDR4 (2x 8GB corsair)
GIGAByte AORUS GTX1080 Ti 11gb
Thermaltake 750+ PSU Gold
BenQ XL2411
1080P 144hz monitor

I have tried to run the Geeks3D Furmark 1080P Stress test and my GPU was being used to 99% and I am not sure what the results meant, I have attached in screenshot.
I have read somewhere that as my resolution is only 1080P it is not pushing the GPU, however 2% GPU usage seems to be a very weird result and I am not sure what else I can do to push my GPU further.
I have just ordered a 144hz 1440p monitor but again I am not sure I this can help to solve the problem.

All suggestions and ideas would be very helpful. Thank you for helping!

Solution
warzone loves going borderless windowed at random when it wants to.
check if you are on fullscreen.
also change resolution scaling to 100%