COD WAW Steam not starting up. Trying to change resolution?

Jan 31, 2019
I'm trying to run COD WAW through steam but when it is launching, it tries to change the screen resolution multiple times and it gets into a loop. Then I will have to restart my computer in order to stop the process so how will I fix this? I've re installed the program and tried changing the windows resolution to match the games resolution but it isn't working??

Jan 31, 2019
I've re installed it again and verified the files, I cannot run as administrator it doesn't give me the option. Although I am the only user on the computer so I wouldn't think that that would be the issue. We think it has something to do with the directX driver as it was installing itself. We just don't understand why it isn't allowing the game to boot properly. We are on windows 10 yes.

Jan 31, 2019
Okay a small update, we have tried launching the game on another monitor and it runs just fine so we do know it has some sort of problem with the resolution or the monitor? The first monitor (the one that doesn't work) has a resolution of 1280x720 and it has a "size" setting that I have set to "just scan". The second monitor however has a resolution of 2560x1080 with no settings changed.

I don't understand why this has happened because surely the monitor is more native to the COD WAW software? (The TV is a quite old Samsung LCD display) Would there be an issue with the software or the screen? Would there be anything within the game files that I can change to change the launch of the game?

WildCard999

Titan

That is odd, I would of thought it would of worked the other way around.

Jan 31, 2019
Okay I've worked it out. The problem was to do with the monitor and the "Just scan" setting. You need to set the monitor to a 16:9 aspect ratio in order to get the game to launch, then change the settings in the game and then possibly, if the game isn't launched safely, the game should be able to boot every-time. My theory is the game was looking for a resolution it was compatible with but because of this setting, the monitor was requesting a unique resolution and the game was trying to find a new resolution for the display but got caught in a loop.