COD4 PC Disc?

May 22, 2018
Hello,
Does anyone know where I can get a disc copy of cod 4 other than steam? I've heard mixed reviews on the installability of the Amazon version.
Any help would be much appreciated,
Jamie

May 22, 2018

The U.S. And I haven't ever used steam and I can't connect my pc to the internet so I would need it as either something I can put on a flash drive then to my pc or best case a disc. (I want a legit copy with its own key)

May 22, 2018
cant connect pc to the internet(parents won't allow it). and I've never used it.
Thanks,
Jamie

edit: I found some copies on eBay but they don't have a key. do I need it for campaign mode?

toshibitsu

Distinguished
In the past, when you purchased a physical "hard copy" of a game, it required that you keep the disc in the tray while playing... otherwise the game would prompt that there's no disc and won't let you play. Granted, it's been some time since I've actually purchased a physical copy of a PC game so not sure if it'd even do that(probably not though).

I thought CoD4 required a download to play anyway?

May 22, 2018
assuming that I will never connect my pc to the internet (parents want it air-gapped) what can I do to install it? (I will never use multiplayer)? do I use a stolen keycode?
Please help,
Jamie

How are you going to plat multiplayer without the internet? Also how are you on this forum?

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador

BOOM!

Probably on a phone, but anyway.

I have had HUGE issues with a buddy who refuses to get internet, but wants to play a couple of games. We tried to do the Steam "offline" version and it was nothing but a PITA. It wants to check in from time to time anyway. We tried doing so though a hotspot offered on my internet service, but even the periodic sign ins to the hot spot require the computer to be physically brought to my home router from time to time or it will lose connection on the hotspot.

We searched and searched for a disk to use for the couple of old games he liked, and unfortunately support for them is sketchy. One thing to keep in mind, particularly with legacy games is that having the disk, say designed for XP (w/e) and try to load into 10, even in compat mode often doesn't work. Services like Steam make sure (generally) that the titles they offer are patched and ready to use on current equipment.

Just for fun, and as a fine example...find and install the original command and conquer. You will be dead in seconds, if you can even SEE the game run. The game AI timings were set of clock speed. Fun