Question Code 43 and a "force to reinstall graphics driver" error

gaijin95

Commendable
Mar 18, 2020
Hey guys, my graphics card (gtx 1080, nvidia) recently stopped working and put up a code 43 in device manager. I've tried every fix possible over the past week, from reinstalling drivers to reinstalling windows but nothing seems to work. It's been running perfectly fine for the past 2 years so thiw was a bit out of the blue. Occasionally i get these windows notifications of "force to reinstall graphics driver" and im not entirely sure what to do with it. Id love to get some help on this, thanks.

borris618

Distinguished
May 6, 2013
Do you have a spare pc you can try it in then do that, in general try to reseat the card in the slot.
if it still comes with a error in a different PC i dont think there is much you can do..
look here or here or here if you havent already.

It´s a far reach, but 'baking' the card sometimes can bring it back to life.
Try to google it, but it is very much not reccomended to do. (also you oven will stink afterwards)

gaijin95

Commendable
Mar 18, 2020
Do you have a spare pc you can try it in then do that, in general try to reseat the card in the slot.
if it still comes with a error in a different PC i dont think there is much you can do..
look here or here or here if you havent already.

It´s a far reach, but 'baking' the card sometimes can bring it back to life.
Try to google it, but it is very much not reccomended to do. (also you oven will stink afterwards)
I've already tried everything else. I suppose i could try baking it as a last ditch effort.