[SOLVED] Code 43 . rog strix geforce rtx 2070 oc 8gb gddr6 am i cursed?

TreyMax09

Honorable
Apr 23, 2013
So I have been attempting to tackle my new PC for about a month. My frustration has moved to discouragement.
All new items.
Retried with RMA of the GPU
Couldn't figure it out, and I tried a insane amount of things. Everywhere on the internet, to calling friends, to calling the manufacturers (useless)
Retried with RMA of Motherboard incase it was PCI even tho it says 43 on both slots every time I tested.
I tested both Cards in the new MOBO by the way.

MSI AMD B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 2070 OC Edition 8gb GDDR6
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core, 12-Thread
EVGA 511 BQ, 80+ Bronze 500W Semi Modular, FDB FAN
Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED w/ 4 continuous Direct Contact Heat Pipes, 120 mm PWM Fan,
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4
(CASE) Phanteks Eclipse (PH-EC300PTG_BK) Steel ATX Mid Tower Tempered Glass

Yes I used DDU when attempting reinstall.
Yes I updated MOBO Bios.
Waited for windows updates.

Solution
Thanks for no help Toms forum! This didn’t work. My problem ended up being MyPSU it had the correct wattage but not enough 12v input supplied to the motherboard. It has an extra 4 pin slot for larger or Overclocked motherboards which I do have. So had to order new PSU.

TreyMax09

Honorable
Apr 23, 2013
Thanks for no help Toms forum! This didn’t work. My problem ended up being MyPSU it had the correct wattage but not enough 12v input supplied to the motherboard. It has an extra 4 pin slot for larger or Overclocked motherboards which I do have. So had to order new PSU.

Solution

The EVGA you had does have the additional CPU power cord on it. It's a split 8 pin though so you may have mistaken that fact with thinking it was just an 8 pin connector, but it breaks apart into two 4 pins.

24 Pin ATX1x
EPS (CPU)1x8pin(4+4)

TreyMax09

Honorable
Apr 23, 2013
The EVGA you had does have the additional CPU power cord on it. It's a split 8 pin though so you may have mistaken that fact with thinking it was just an 8 pin connector, but it breaks apart into two 4 pins.

24 Pin ATX1x
EPS (CPU)1x8pin(4+4)
The MOBO requires an additional 4 pin on top of the 8 (4+4) pin. This is for overclocked or large Graphics cards.